Operation Flashpoint Demo Sound Problem

Sharky Forums

Thread: Operation Flashpoint Demo Sound Problem

Expensive Sushi

Question Operation Flashpoint Demo Sound Problem

Basically, the sound skips. I know for certain that its not linked to frame rate or fps performance.

My setup: 1 Ghz T-Bird "B" Athlon with 256mb PC1600 Ram on A7M266. Leadtek winfast geforce 2 MX

Any ideas?

Are you using the onboard sound, or a card? What is the onboard sound, it is AC97 or something else? If it does it in only that game it is probably the game. If it does it in alot of games try new chipset drivers, and or soundcard drivers.

------------------
    PIII667/133@667, Abit BE6, 128PC100@133, TNT1 16mb, IBM 14.4 7200 HD, Netgear FA310TX, 56k modem, Aureal Vortex2 SQ2500, Sony 2x4x24 burner and other USB stuff.
    Check out this awesome website: Extreme-Genesis

Expensive Sushi

Originally posted by Abit400:
    Are you using the onboard sound, or a card? What is the onboard sound, it is AC97 or something else? If it does it in only that game it is probably the game. If it does it in alot of games try new chipset drivers, and or soundcard drivers.

I disabled the onboard audio on the board. I'm using a soundblaster live! card cause....well it still rocks I'll check SB drivers mb...but I havent experienced this problem in other games

UPDATE: Well, I talked to my friend and he says that it isnt just a sound prob, its th graphics. He says that although it doesnt look like it right off the bat, I'm getting some serious fps skipping/loss.

So now I'm thouroughly confused. I have the latest nVidia driver...