Warning for those in seek for help.
It appears, from some if these postings Ive seen, that you seeking for help should be very careful. Allthought most of us are here to really help, wrong information can lead to permanent damage on system and possibly for your own health.
So, few tips I can think of right now:
1. Wait for more than one posting on your subject, if someone is giving you wrong infomation, someone else is likely to rectify that.
2. If you know someone in person, who has experience in these, ask him/her. Friends are more carefull in general as there is friendship at stake. It shoudnt keep you from learning aside. Just ask your friend to explain what is being done or even let you do it.
3. Personal experience: If you know it to be thisways, but remember it otherways, stick with what you know.
Good luck with your troubles...
Yep, I'm one of them
Hmm...sounds a bit morbid, maybe? Good points, but what's missing is
2. Read through other postings on the forum first, most likely somebody else has/had the same problem
3. Forums are great, and rarely is taking advice a health hazard, only for power related issues etc.
4. And damage to your system?....hell yeah, it happens, but still we overclock, upgrade, patch and push the limits, knowing there can/will be damage to some components.