Suggestions about Good trading practices and how to avoid problems. - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions about Good trading practices and how to avoid problems.

Expensive Sushi

cod not so good.

I do not think cod is good.. it is like cash.. once you give it away it is gone.. they have number... but still.. it is cash.. always do check if you can. you then can know who deposit it.

paypal is good.. but not great..

C.O.D and Fedex.

Yes, I know how is the trust issue when you deal online, I work at Fedex and the only way I would send something to be paid is via COD (cash on delivery) where you can specify if the payment is secured (Cashiers check, certified money order) or unsecured (cash, personal check), personally I prefer a secured payment. the good part is that if there is no payment, the person dont receive the merchandise and you can get it back from fedex, no scam and you are safe , the bad part is that you have to pay for the shipment if it is returned, and that is no fun.
    logic dictates that we should exist, but your government denies our existence......

Question

Does sharky have a bad traders list?

Maybe the mods could start one on the classifieds page...another sticky on top of all the other thread listings?

Just an idea...might keep repeat offenders off the boards.

-D.
    Last edited by i was dchakrab; 09-19-2002 at 12:49 AM.

Originally posted by i was dchakrab
    Does sharky have a bad traders list?

Maybe the mods could start one on the classifieds page...another sticky on top of all the other thread listings?

Just an idea...might make keep repeat offenders off the boards.

-D.
    This sounds like a great idea, but I think the mods are conscious of making someones info available to anyone who visits the forums. I would agree on having a bad trader list, but there are probably many circumstances where no on knows who is the person at fault. Both people might say the other is lying, and then what are you supposed to do. It just seems to me there isn't a way to do it effectively.
    Pyro's Updated 3dmark01/03 Guide
    "It takes time and study to undo the effects of evolutionary teachings"

|:~T-Bred B~:| |:~nForce2~:| |:~GF4 Ti4600~:|

theres troll her at sharkyforyms that goes by the username Audioqueso i send him money for the amount 50 dollars and i never got my my motherboard its been three weeks now. Anyone know who he really is i might start to track the guy down.

Angry

Months ago troll Killer1nstinct ripped off someone's Athlon XP 1600+. Sad to say Killer1nstinct still has not paid back joecmma and totally ignores communication.

Now Killer1nstinct's site is back up http://www.silent-chaos.com/ and the dip is posting over here: http://www.raid9.com/phpBB2/index.php?
    Last edited by sbp; 10-15-2002 at 03:37 PM.

Contact me via email
    AIM: CaTaLyST 4131

Heat Feedback

My Rig:
    e8400 @ 4050, XFX 680i Tri SLI, 4 Gig OCZ DDR2, 8800 GT OC SLI, Antec 900, etc.

People should do a little background check before dealing with somone.

Take atinvidia for example. He made two threads on 3DFX cards. It's so clear that he's a newbie troll that it's not funny. People here all jump and tell him on the price.

New flash... 99.9% he doesn't even have a single card, and if he did there broke. So it's best to PM a admin and let them know a troll is loose and have him banned on the spot.

My 2 cents.

I was ripped of unfortunately and I had a question. It is pretty much my fault that I got ripped off. But why don't forums require more information for membership? Like phone number, address, etc.(I know people can still just lie about it)? Or at least have those required for those who will trade. Forgive me,might be a stupid idea. I'm just mad at myself and the bastard who ripped me off. I'm usually not that careful around here because I've never seen anyone get ripped off on these forums.

Getting personal information on signing up can be dangerous because then anyone will have access to your info- and if they dont like you...well....

as for getting that info, its wise to get it during the sale process, then if you still feel uneasy call they person...i called someone one time and it greatly reassured me. good luck with future trades.

Originally posted by bromide
    Getting personal information on signing up can be dangerous because then anyone will have access to your info- and if they dont like you...well....

as for getting that info, its wise to get it during the sale process, then if you still feel uneasy call they person...i called someone one time and it greatly reassured me. good luck with future trades.
    No, I don't mean share it with everyone. I'm saying can't sharky's keep hold of personal information just like they can keep a member's email prive and confidential.

Originally posted by number1sixerfan
    No, I don't mean share it with everyone. I'm saying can't sharky's keep hold of personal information just like they can keep a member's email prive and confidential.
    heh, took me a couple months to respond- but no, i dont think it should be the responsibility of sharkys. you should take care of your own business if you are doing online trading.

Originally posted by bromide
    heh, took me a couple months to respond- but no, i dont think it should be the responsibility of sharkys. you should take care of your own business if you are doing online trading.
    Wow, that post was so long ago.

Expensive Sushi
    Maybe have a required amount of post to be able to have stuff for sale or trade and/or a minimum amount of time registered. That way you dont have people registering to just sell stuff and possibly just to rip people off. Even though I am a new here, I would definately feel safer buying off of someone who has been around Sharkey's for awhile and has contributed to the board by posting. If someone registered that day, its their first post, and they have the deal of the lifetime, it may just be a scam.

Originally posted by Tat2d
    Maybe have a required amount of post to be able to have stuff for sale or trade and/or a minimum amount of time registered. That way you dont have people registering to just sell stuff and possibly just to rip people off. Even though I am a new here, I would definately feel safer buying off of someone who has been around Sharkey's for awhile and has contributed to the board by posting. If someone registered that day, its their first post, and they have the deal of the lifetime, it may just be a scam.

Kinda sounds like me except im not trying to rip ppl off

My suggestions(I havent read all of this and i forget the fist posts:P)

1) Get Contacts.
    2) get a Phone # and validate that the ppl are real!
    3) get an address and send the person a letter with instructions such as: Send me an e-mail with XXXXXXX in it. XXXXXX being some random list of numbers/letters.
    4) AKS FOR HEATWARE OR EBAY ACCNTS!!! I stress # 4!
    heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=23634