pricewatch.com shows AMD XP 2000+ processor for under 200 bucks!!!

Sharky Forums

Thread: pricewatch.com shows AMD XP 2000+ processor for under 200 bucks!!!

Ultra Great White Shark!! richardginn's Avatar

pricewatch.com shows AMD XP 2000+ processor for under 200 bucks!!!

wow!!!
    www.myeducational plan.com-come see my plan to fix the USA educational system. I hope this is sig legal. Major Site Design Update on July 18, 2006. On June 18, 2009 passed the 10,000 post mark. December 24, 2009: Major Theme change and more....

Re: pricewatch.com shows AMD XP 2000+ processor for under 200 bucks!!!

Originally posted by richardginn
    wow!!!
    Or you could pay $15.00 more and get it from a reputable vendor like newegg

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?page=2

Hammerhead Shark lessthanjake_666's Avatar
    man o man, i can fianlly replace my burned xp 1800 from twco for 119 + 7 for s&h, 126 total. when i got the first one three months agon it cost me $200 shipped I might 'upgrade' to a xp 2000 here soon if prices keep droping like they are. no need for a t-bred when i plan to get a hammer. there probably isn't a need to get a t-bird and just stick it out, but i already have everything for and xp/tbred system, who knows.

Ultra Great White Shark!! richardginn's Avatar
    Sure it would be best to get it from newegg.com, but the is the first time a processor that runs at or performs like a 2ghz processor under 200 bucks.

Intel still has over 75 bucks to drop before it can happen.
    www.myeducational plan.com-come see my plan to fix the USA educational system. I hope this is sig legal. Major Site Design Update on July 18, 2006. On June 18, 2009 passed the 10,000 post mark. December 24, 2009: Major Theme change and more....

Hammerhead Shark
    Originally posted by lessthanjake_666
    man o man, i can fianlly replace my burned xp 1800 from twco for 119 + 7 for s&h, 126 total. when i got the first one three months agon it cost me $200 shipped I might 'upgrade' to a xp 2000 here soon if prices keep droping like they are. no need for a t-bred when i plan to get a hammer. there probably isn't a need to get a t-bird and just stick it out, but i already have everything for and xp/tbred system, who knows.
    how did you burn it?

Originally posted by richardginn
    Sure it would be best to get it from newegg.com, but the is the first time a processor that runs at or performs like a 2ghz processor under 200 bucks.

Intel still has over 75 bucks to drop before it can happen.
    Dont forget the 1.6a and 1.8a theyll do 2ghz without breaking a sweat. Theyve been under 200 for awhile now.
    IT'S A MOTHER F'N VIDEO CARD!!!!

THE DRAGON TOWER=KNIGHT SLAYER
    Chieftec Full tower
    2.8c@3.5 W/Sunflower cooler
    ASUS P4C800
    1024 Corsair DDR400
    Pioneer 16x Slotload DVD X 2/benq48XCDRW/Plex DVDR
    NEWQ PLANTINUM SOUND DEVICE/SB Audigy 2
    BFG 6800 GT
    ULTRA SCSI 3 18 and 33gig 10000rpm
    80gig sam.80gig WD n removable bay.
    P225f 22' Viewsonic/
    Microsoft Wireless Optical desktop pro
    Logitech MX700
    Viewsonic VB50HRTV
    "Say hello to the bad guy"

Originally posted by Satan's Cheerleader

how did you burn it?
    Alpha pal8045 + abit kr7a-raid + wrong sized washers between mobo and stand-offs = tiny gap between HSF and CPU = burned cpu's. I didn't realize that until i burned the second one though have to learn somehow though, right? oh well.

Hammerhead Shark
    i don't have any washers between the mobo and stand-offs with this system i built. didn't realize it was a neccessity. how come neither my case or board came with them? you have me really worried now. system seems to be working fine, but still.

i don't have any washers between the mobo and stand-offs with this system i built. didn't realize it was a neccessity. how come neither my case or board came with them? you have me really worried now. system seems to be working fine, but still.
    I think the washers lessthanjake_666 is taking about are the ones that came with the Alpha 8045 installation kit, unless you have the Alpha 8045 you won't need them.
    ~Knight of the OC Crusaders~
    ~Sigma Dir of the Cooler's Guild~

I'm still saving up to build a new rig... While everyone else has already joined the darkside.

Hammerhead Shark

Red face

so you're telling when mounting a mainboard, washers aren't a necessity? this has got me really stressed all of a sudden.

so you're telling when mounting a mainboard, washers aren't a necessity? this has got me really stressed all of a sudden.
    I'm am talking about the stand-off's and washers that come with the Alpha 8045. It mounts right on the motherboard and depending on the size of the pre-drilled holes in the mobo (they are already put there by the manufactorer, no worries needed), you choose between two washers so you don't ground the mobo.