windows nt problem

Sharky Forums

Thread: windows nt problem

Expensive Sushi

windows nt problem

I have a work computer with win nt operating system.My problem is that a co-worker raised the refresh rate on my computer so now the monitor just goes to sleep.All I get is a black screen with a flashing orange light.I know that the refresh rate is to high but I don`t know how to get it to come back up to lower it.I know this is not a problem for people who know alot about computers but to me it is a problem.My question is how do I lower the refresh rate?

Great White Shark
    Control Panel, display

Expensive Sushi
    The problem is that I can`t get to the control panel.When it is about to come up the screen goes black.In other words I don`t see anything so I can`t pull up nothing.

Boot in VGA mode.
    If I couldn't type drunk, I'd still be Expensive Sushi.

Expensive Sushi
    I did that but everything was so big that I could`nt hit the apply button.How do I make things smaller so that I can apply the refresh rate?

Expensive Sushi
    C`mon surely someone knows how to shrink the display box when I come up in vga mode so I can apply the new refresh rates.

Anime Lovin' Girl Mod sourdaisy's Avatar
    You can't "shrink" the VGA mode. VGA mode is, by definition, 640x480 and 16 colors.

You can surely use the keyboard to hit the buttons. If you don't know the shortcuts to do what you need to do, then practice on another computer (the underlined letters are the letters you push).
    "Programming graphics in X is like finding the square root of PI using Roman numerals."
    -Henry Spencer