Output:
    +5V/15A
    +12V/5A
    +5VSB/0.72A
    +3.3V/10A
    -12V/0.4A
    150W MAX.
    +5 & +3.3 total output power can't exceed 95W

So can anyone help me out on choosing the best CPU for this?

Hammerhead Shark
    You should check out the 1 Ghz Duron. It's based on the Morgan core, which is a derivative of the Palomino with a quarter of the cache. It is most likely the lowest power socket A chip. If you want, you could even lower to mulitiplier and run it at a slower speed with a higher speed bus to allow you quick performance with even lower power consumption.
    P4 Northwood 1.6A @ 2.22 Ghz
    Gigabyte 8IRXP
    512mb OCZ PC2700
    Antec SX1040B (Black)
    330watt Enermax PSU
    Gainward GS Gf3 Ti200 (245/515)
    60GB Maxtor 7200RPM D740X "Quiet Drive"
    20GB Western Digital 7200 RPM
    Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo 2
    Pioneer 8x DVD Slot
    Liteon 16x10x40 CDRW (awesome drive, owns CD protection)
    IBM P201 20" Trinitron

Catfish
    Originally posted by gotmonopoly?
    You should check out the 1 Ghz Duron. It's based on the Morgan core, which is a derivative of the Palomino with a quarter of the cache. It is most likely the lowest power socket A chip. If you want, you could even lower to mulitiplier and run it at a slower speed with a higher speed bus to allow you quick performance with even lower power consumption.
    So if I set the muliplier to 7.5x and the FSB to 133, that would actually use less power than running the multiplier at 10.0x and 100MHz?

Hammerhead Shark
    No running at 133FSB won't reduce power consumption, the opposite is true. Running the FSB at a lower (100/200DDR) speed however may reduce the DDR's thirst for steady, clean power enough to allow the system to work with that itybity PSU. Running a Duron would also reduce power consumption (slightly) compared to TBirds and AXPs. Running a lower speed CPU would consume less power than a fast one. You could try a 1GHz duron or (since the price is pretty good) get an AXP1500-1600 and underclock it by running on a 100FSB. If you got an AXP you could at least TRY to run it at full speed (assuming it works at even 100FSB). I have been building duron/nv7m systems for a customer this Q and performance is decent even at 100FSB. I'm using a microATX Case (Fong Kai FK-611L Pic of Backplane )that accepts a fullATX PSU (enermax 300W) however. I tested one with an Antec 250W I had lying around and it appeared to be ok as well. 300w are cheap these days, so no reason to switch.

I wish you luck, but I don't think that PSU is going to be enough. For reference, AMD began recommending a 250W (130W) when the Socket A Athlons (below 1GHz) were introduced and everyone was still using PC133 SDR. But if you already have the parts, it makes sense to try to use them. FWIW, the AMD PSU recomendations are based around the needs of a fullsized ATX system with lots of memory, a gaming videocard, PCI slots in use, several drives, etc... so if you keep it lean (like most uATX systems) and stick to onboard video it might not give you grief. Again luck to you.

Your system sounds like one of the few good candidates for VIA's low power cpu(the 1 gig runs at like a 600 P3, but takes VERY little power and makes very little heat.
    2004-----------------------------------------------1986
    Athlon XP 1600------------------------8086@4.77Mhz
    Shuttle AK31 mobo------------------no clue anymore
    512MB PC2100 RAM------------------------256K RAM
    Powercolor 9700 NP-----------------------4 color CGA
    150(120 +30)gig hd--------------------2 x 360k 5.25 floppy
    48x cd-rom--------------------------------Yeah Right!
    Rhythmic Edge-----------------------------PC Speaker

Catfish
    Originally posted by Molochi
    Running a Duron would also reduce power consumption (slightly) compared to TBirds and AXPs. Running a lower speed CPU would consume less power than a fast one. You could try a 1GHz duron or (since the price is pretty good) get an AXP1500-1600 and underclock it by running on a 100FSB.
    So what about if I used a Tbred 1700+ and underclocked it on a 100FSB. With it's lower core voltage, would it actually use less power than a Duron 1GHz?

Hammerhead Shark
    Originally posted by Ewing_pilot

So what about if I used a Tbred 1700+ and underclocked it on a 100FSB. With it's lower core voltage, would it actually use less power than a Duron 1GHz?
    Should be pretty close at stock voltages and 100FSB. Tbred AXP1700 will be running 100MHz higher and -.15v lower than the Duron at 100FSB. Athlons have more transistors to power. Don't know if amperage has stayed the same, but heat disappation is comparable for a 1G Duron and a 1.46G TBred (~50W). TBred might even run well with lower voltages at 1.1GHz.

Seems about as good a bet as a duron. You just have to find one.

I'm pretty sure that PSU can handle a 1GHz Duron. The Duron would probably take up half of the 95w available from 3.3v and 5v.

You could wait for Appaloosa (the .13u Duron) if it's still coming out.

Catfish
    Ok. And the Duron 1GHz will still operate normally at 1.6V core voltage, right?