Quake Team Arena servers?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Quake Team Arena servers?

Catfish

Question Quake Team Arena servers?

I downloaded a demo of Quake Team Arena yesterday and set it all up. I wanted to log onto a server and play a multiplayer game, but for some reason there were no servers up and running at all. No matter how many times I refreshed the server list there was nothing.

Anyone know why? Do I have to change a setting, or is there just nobody anywhere in the world running a server for the game anymore?

Re: Quake Team Arena servers?

Originally posted by J. Spaceman
    I downloaded a demo of Quake Team Arena yesterday and set it all up. I wanted to log onto a server and play a multiplayer game, but for some reason there were no servers up and running at all. No matter how many times I refreshed the server list there was nothing.

Anyone know why? Do I have to change a setting, or is there just nobody anywhere in the world running a server for the game anymore?
    There might be a "setup" where you select where it should scan for servers, usually just above the server list window, make sure "scan internet" is selected.
    When life hands Jack Bauer Lemons, he kills Terrorists. Jack Bauer ****in' hates lemonade.

Catfish

Re: Re: Quake Team Arena servers?

Originally posted by Blizzard

There might be a "setup" where you select where it should scan for servers, usually just above the server list window, make sure "scan internet" is selected.
    I did that, but still nothing. I don't have any firewalls running while I play, so it's not as though the game can't connect to the net.

Sushi
    Well, it's been 1 decade to the day since the start of this thread, yes indeed, 26Th August 2002 - 26Th August 2012!!

Iam a keen, player for Quake 3 Arena, I have played it for many years, and I have seen the game die out, well as much as I tired to bring it back it still seems to be dead.

The communities that are still around are very tight, and have issues allowing others in there, I know as Iam one that no one will accept into their community, even though it's all about gaming but you know how people work :/

Well, I was reading through team arena servers and came across this, I would like everyone to know that I still do have a server on from Sydney Australia, that runs Unlagged, InstaUnlagged, BaseQ3, DeFRaG and Team Arena. I won't post the IP here publicly as I have had some DDoS issues in the past, but if you would like the IP and the IP to our friendly communities TeamSpeak 3, Mumble, or Ventrilo server, just give us an email at gaming_nt@hotmail.com.au -- Hopfully someone out there has google searched the email address there to see where I have posted it before, and will come across this

Well indeed,... anywaysm that's enough typing for me, I get sore hands after awhile, lol.. if anyone is interested, you know how to contact us.

Until then, bye for now, but not forever (:

I have never seen such a case, sorry I can not help