Boot up probs....

Sharky Forums

Thread: Boot up probs....

Goldfish

Boot up probs....

I've had my comp for about 2 yrs now and it has just recently been giving me problems with the boot up. When I try to boot up, it always goes to blue screen of death with the error msg bad_system_config_info . After I restart, I try to enter windows with last configuration that worked, safe mode, safe mode w/ networking, and safe mode w/ command and I still get the same msg. Last time this happened, was about 2 days before and I thought I solved it by reconfiguring my IDE and ATA100 cables. But it didn't solve it. I've tryied to reformat/reinstall windows but before it can install, I get the same blue screen but w/o the same bad config message. MY comp used to work, does anyone know what happened? I run a Athlon 1.1 Ghz on an Asus A7V and 2 60 gig Maxtor hd. I runa GEforce 4 MX 440, a 52X cd rom, 12X DVD rom, and a 10X cd rewriter. The most recent changes I made were about 2 months ago and that was the added 60 gig Maxtor and GEforce 4 MX.

What is your OS? What is the other BSOD that you get??

Does your board have a RAID controller?

Goldfish
    i am running Windows XP and I never had this problem before when I ran it. I do not have a raid controller and the other problems that keep popping up are all different when I try to reinstall...
    any help would be appreciated. I'm thinking it MIGHT be the way I configured my IDE and ATA100 cables to my drives but I'm not sure what is the right way cuz itz a server motherboard with 2 ATA100 and 2 IDE slots! *confused*

Goldfish
    Still awaiting some help...NEone? PLZ help? really confusing...

Tiger Shark
    try putting your hd on the ata33 ide controllers and reboot or reinstall winxp

If it works then reinstall the drivers for your ata100 controller

Try relegating all your optical drives to the IDE channels and all your HDD to the ATA100

Technically ATA100 and IDE are the same beast, just different breeds.

Also which disk do you have your OS on?

Remove everything except the hard drive as far as optical devices. Put that drive as Master on IDE 0, or ATA100 and try to do a reformat and clean install if you can. Try both and see if either one works. Eliminating all the other devices might help, might not, but its worth a shot. If the OS then installs you can install the other devices one at a time and then maybe the system will work.
    Pyro's Updated 3dmark01/03 Guide
    "It takes time and study to undo the effects of evolutionary teachings"

|:~T-Bred B~:| |:~nForce2~:| |:~GF4 Ti4600~:|