115VAC or 230VAC??? - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 115VAC or 230VAC???

Re: Re: Re: 115VAC or 230VAC???

Originally posted by Ashpool

You didn't need to flame him about it. You probably asked questions just as simple as that one at one point in you're life.
    not that i know of, i was born in another country, but i guess that makes a difference, but really, most average people know about the power thing. alot of people go overseas, it's almost common sense.
    A64 X2 4200+ (65W) - 2GB OCZ SOE 667@800 - MSI K9N SLI Platinum - BFG 9600GT OC - ATI TV Wonder - Seagate 320GB SATAII - Seagate 200GB SATA - External 750GB WD - Black LG 16x DVD-/+RW - CoolerMaster Mystique - Logitech MX1000 and Elite keyboard - Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers - Vista SP1

Re: Re: Re: Re: 115VAC or 230VAC???

Originally posted by muzikjunkie
    not that i know of, i was born in another country, but i guess that makes a difference, but really, most average people know about the power thing. alot of people go overseas, it's almost common sense.
    A lot of people, especially kids still in school, have never been out of their home country. It wouldn't surprise me that this question pops into a lot of people's heads the first time they look at the back of their power supply.

I'm relieved he had the piece of mind to ask about it instead of switching it to 230 and plugging it into that extra dryer outlet in the basement....

Open Source is free like a puppy is free.

It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames.

Understanding Evolution

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 115VAC or 230VAC???

Originally posted by rock
    A lot of people, especially kids still in school, have never been out of their home country. It wouldn't surprise me that this question pops into a lot of people's heads the first time they look at the back of their power supply.

I'm relieved he had the piece of mind to ask about it instead of switching it to 230 and plugging it into that extra dryer outlet in the basement....
    The worst that would happen would be his computer wouldn't turn on. I've accidentally flipped the switch on older supplies, and nothing burst into flames or exploded. When I switched it back, everything was fine and dandy.

Originally posted by musikjunkie
    not that i know of
    Everyone was a Newbie once
    #1) Big Box
    Core 2 Quad Q9550 - Asus P5Q3 - 8GB DDR3 1333 - GeForce 550Ti - Win 7 Pro
    #2) IBM Thinkpad R51
    Pentium M 1.6GHz - 1GB PC2700 - 80GB - Win 7 Pro

#3) Macbook Pro
    2.4GHz Core i5 - 4GB - OS X Lion

#4) Rollerskates
    Bont Quad Racer Carbon - Sure-Grip Avengers - Qube 8-Balls

Now Playing: Forza 4, Wipeout HD, Dead Space 2 (again!)