need some help form tech guy

Sharky Forums

Thread: need some help form tech guy

Expensive Sushi

need some help form tech guy

k-i just got asus a7n8x mobo- 2 -256 sticks of cosair xms pc 3500 memory,,ati 9700 pro, 80 gig hd with 8 mb cache, thermaltake aser 2 case, amd 2700 xp processor, liteon 52 cd burner, liteon dvd, volcano 9 fan few other goodies,,,problem is i only 3 d mark at 13500,,,i feel i should get alot highr score than that,,any help with setings or anything would b apreciated,,not to good with the lingo so if u can xplain in easy language i would be grateful...ty killingfloor

Expensive Sushi
    welp I got a 14,200 3D Mark on my 2.53 P4 but im not complaining. Its fine and I dont plan on overclocking it any time soon.
    Intel P4 2.53
    Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra
    Gigabyte ATI Raedon 9700 Pro
    Maxtor Ultra Series 120GB UATA/133
    Creative Labs Audigy
    768MB Corsair XMS DDR 333(PC2700)
    Viewsonic VX700-2 Monitor - DVI
    Yamaha 44x Burner w/T@2 technology

Reef Shark
    Killingfloor - did you?

1. Install the Nforce chipset drivers off the motherboard CD?
    2. Install the LATEST Radeon drivers for your OS, AFTER you installed the chipset drivers?
    3. Verify in the BIOS, that you are using the maximum bus speed for your chipset(within spec)?
    4. Shut off all unnecessary services on your pc?
    5. Get all the latest patches/service packs for your OS?
    6. Verify in Device manager that ALL drivers for ALL system components are installed?

Also, What OS are you using?

I would suggest you post your 3dmark compare URL, so i can compare it to mine. My system is very similar to yours and I might be able to see where its underperforming...AFTER you verify the above steps.
    AMD X2 4400+
    Asus A8V Deluxe
    Corsair XMS(twin)LL PC3200-2Gb (4x512Mb)
    Sapphire Radeon X800-XT PE
    19" Hyundai L90D+ LCD
    WD Raptor Sata 36.7's (x2)- RAID-0
    WD 80GB 7200rpm - 8mb cache
    SB Audigy2
    Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1's
    ATC-200 Alum. Case from cooler master! w/ 4 fans
    Antec NeoPower 480W
    Powerware 3110 550VA UPS
    Windows XP Pro - Minimal Services

Expensive Sushi
    thanx for reply..yes i did all that..i got win xp..in device manager it says raid controller and some usb thing have yellow marks in front of them , i dont have raid,,when i start puter it looks for raid stuff,,dunno how to turn off...i got it runinng at 166 mhz fsb...on mobo i think u can put it to 200,,not sure if i should,,,also u can go up in increments on other stuff,,i really dont know what stuff to shut off in xp,,i got sys restore off and got it set for performance in visual styles,,im stumped,,,i got 11200 with my old 1900 xp and asus a7m 266 bOARD,, so all this new stuff dont seem to b doing all that great,,,hope you can help....do u recommend oc? should i put it on 200 fsb? do u just do that in bios? again thanx,,i benched it again and only got 11434 that is ng for this system...

Originally posted by killingfloor
    thanx for reply..yes i did all that..i got win xp..in device manager it says raid controller and some usb thing have yellow marks in front of them , i dont have raid,,when i start puter it looks for raid stuff,,dunno how to turn off...i got it runinng at 166 mhz fsb...on mobo i think u can put it to 200,,not sure if i should,,,also u can go up in increments on other stuff,,i really dont know what stuff to shut off in xp,,i got sys restore off and got it set for performance in visual styles,,im stumped,,,i got 11200 with my old 1900 xp and asus a7m 266 bOARD,, so all this new stuff dont seem to b doing all that great,,,hope you can help....do u recommend oc? should i put it on 200 fsb? do u just do that in bios? again thanx,,i benched it again and only got 11434 that is ng for this system...
    I can help with a couple items, maybe First set all options in the BIOS everywhere to standard speeds, etc. Then, make sure your boot device order and devices are correct (I think this is where you're having problems with the RAID device thingy). 1st boot device should be something like Floppy, 2nd boot device should be CDROM, and 3rd boot device should be HDD0 or 1 based on how they're number by your system. I think one of these may accidently be set to something like SCSI/RAID. Second, go into Device Manager and delete the two with the yellow marks by them and restart your system. Windows will detect them again and give you a chance to straighten them out (might have to reinstall some drivers too). Good luck
    The Money Trap = Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ASUS P6X58D-E | 3 x 2GB G.Skill DDR3 2000 6-9-6-24 | EVGA GTX 580 DS SC | OCZ Vertex 2 90GB SSD | WD VelociRaptor | Klipsch ProMedia | Cooler Master HAF 932 | Antec TPQ-1200W | Dell U2711 2560 x 1440 27" | Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | APC RS1500