Best Cell Phone Service - Page 10

Sharky Forums

View Poll Results: Which Cellular Service do you Prefer?

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint PCS

32 11.51%
  • Verizon

87 31.29%
  • T-Mobile

31 11.15%
  • mLife

13 4.68%
  • Cingular

33 11.87%
  • Other

34 12.23%
  • I hate my service

48 17.27%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Best Cell Phone Service

Quote Originally Posted by DaveLambert View Post
    Talking about the cellphone services there are people tend to experience some difficulties..And as we already know that there are lot of services nowadays so indeed the owner of the service must do some action about it, as for the competencies in there business.
    lolwut?
    Steam- DerSchniffles
    Gigabyte z77-UD3H
    Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.5
    8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600
    Sony AVR with 5.1/Asus Xonar DG
    EVGA GTX760 @ 1241/7000
    60 gig OS and 240 gig Game SSD's
    55" Vizio Tv/32" Vizio
    Logitech G700s Mouse and K520 Keyboard

After all these years Verizon is still rated #1 consistently. Now that they have the iPhone I can't understand why anyone bothers to stick with anyone else, unless they have some outrageous plan.
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Meat View Post
    lolwut?
    QFT on that wierdo post on 4/20
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespy View Post
    QFT on that wierdo post on 4/20
    ROFL I did not notice that! Too funny.

@Mr.Digital-

Although Sprint dosent have the best coverage, its more than adaquete for me where I live and for $80 a month I get unlimited everything. Now that my lady and I are on the family plan together and we pay $190 for the both of us for unlimited everything and international calling to Mexico (for her of course). Thats after tax and everything. Still though, I really hate how phone companies add on all kinds of stupid bullcrap charges. They all do it...For the both of us, there is about $40 of tax and other fees added as well as the $10 each just for having a 4g phone even though there are only about 2 spots that even have 4g coverage. Its a bit rediculous.

I had verizon for a few years and I hate them. Better service? Sure. Better customer service? No. Im just one of the ones that had a million problems with billing and payments and the like, never again with verizon.
    Steam- DerSchniffles
    Gigabyte z77-UD3H
    Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.5
    8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600
    Sony AVR with 5.1/Asus Xonar DG
    EVGA GTX760 @ 1241/7000
    60 gig OS and 240 gig Game SSD's
    55" Vizio Tv/32" Vizio
    Logitech G700s Mouse and K520 Keyboard

I no longer have any allegiance. I've used all four, and they are all terrible.
    They just get worse. 90% of the time I have WiFi so I don't really care. Some months I go without ever using a single minute of voice. For voice I use Google Talk or Skype. Usually Google Talk. Works great with noise reduction set to high or a small condensor mic.

I have the mobile hotspot, but only really use it for checking email from time to time. The speed doesn't really matter to me because the caps are so low. It's not like you can use an iPad to watch HD video or anything like that. 5GB a month? Congratulations, you can download a single movie in 1080p.

I used Sprint and tethered back when it was actually unlimited. Only good experience I ever had. Then they kicked me off for excessive use (about >50GB/mo).

It's kind of insane that you are forced to pay $100/mo for service, when all I really want is 60 minutes, 1GB of tethered data and 300 SMS. Nope, I gotta shell out $100/mo for that.

Reef Shark
    I was actually quite happy with T-Mobile the last few times I visited America. Their prepaid plans were a lot better than AT&T's GoPhone especially the prices for data, and I frequently got reception in places where my friends' AT&T iPhones didn't get any.

The prices are still a ripoff compared to other countries but I guess compared to the entire cost of travel it's not that bad.

Great White Shark
    For prepaid or month-to-month no contract plans (two different things) T-Mobile can't be touched for pricing and features. Their coverage is lacking compared to the other carriers though. In major cities it's a no brainer if you don't want to pay ridiculous sums for service, but in rural areas it's pretty much not an option.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Expensive Sushi
    I have used Sprint and Virgin Mobile and they both had bad service, which isn't shocking since I'm pretty sure they use the same towers. I've heard Verizon was good, but I also heard all of their calls are monitored? Not that I care, it just sounds creepy.

Sushi
    I would still go for Verizon. The services that they give is as much as twice and even better than the others. You really get what you pay for.

Expensive Sushi
    Voted. I prefer Verizon.

Sushi
    I have Verizon, and honestly, everytime I try someone else, I end up back at Verizon. I saw someone talking about how expensive they are. If you quit your service, they amazingly some up with lower prices for you to come back. I used to spend 140 a line and now am spending less than 100 for both my wife and I.

I like T-mobile in atlanta, but when I go to SC I have to use the Cingular networks, funny how there isnt a single T-mobile in SC.

Expensive Sushi
    :d :d :d

I've been using nextel for 4 years now, and have enjoyed the free incoming minutes, but with verizon having free incoming and 900 minutes I may change.

Expensive Sushi
    Quote Originally Posted by LordZordec View Post
    Vairox, chill dude.

A year ago you went in to Cingular shopping for a cell phone and saw that they had a deal you liked, and you signed up for it. But there are always going to be better deals down the road...always. But we cant be indecisive, or well never be happy. Just be happy with what youve got.

Besides, do you really think that they are going to give out free phones to everybody with no strings attached??? It doesnt work like that. Do you know how much a Motorola v60 costs? Its not $100...let me tell you. Dealer cost on that is around $240. If they are going to cut a deal like that on a phone, they have to make sure that their going to get their money back out of it, which means theres certain strings that are going to be attached. Cutting you a deal on one phone, and then a year later cutting a deal on another phone is bad for business. "But theyve already got X money out of me..." On the back of the contract you signed a year ago, there appeared certain terms and conditions, and included in that is information like that. Look at what you sign before you sign it instead of whining about it later.

And the terms and conditions are really the same for any cellular company...you wont find another one out there thats fundamentaly any different. They may be more lenient on upgrades, but theres always a gotcha somewhere else. Cellular companies are busninesses, and they are going to do what is profitable for them. No matter what company your talking about, there is someone out there that says, "They suck! I hate them! Theyre the worst service in the world!" If someone comes in yelling about Alltel, we set them up on Cingular or Verizon. If someone comes in yelling about Cingular, we set them up on Verizon or Alltel. If someone comes in yelling about Verizon, we set them up on Alltel or Cingular. And if they hate them all three, then its time to get out of the cell phone business. But usualy, it all boils down to the same thing...they signed a contract with a company, not fully realising what they were agreeing to, and then got mad about it later...and then they sign a contract with another company not realising what they were getting into with it.

But you know, your right. You have payed them a lot of money, and if you had gotten ahold of the right person and calmly, reasonably discussed the matter with them, you may have been able to work something out. But I know that if I have someone come to me and curse me for living and demand something of me, I will do absolutly nothing for them I dont legaly have to. If you had shown them some respect up front, they may have been more willing to do something for you. You say that you will never have Cingular again. Im sure theyre sentiment is the same about you. You were just a good story for the lady on the phone to laugh about at her lunch break. And life goes on...

See, you get a different view of things when youve spent some time on the other side of the counter.
    yes i agree with you that i'm not going to give free phones to everyone without condition it's clear
    but what are these conditions ??
    that's the question we have to assume