Best Cell Phone Service - Page 3

Sharky Forums

View Poll Results: Which Cellular Service do you Prefer?

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint PCS

32 11.51%
  • Verizon

87 31.29%
  • T-Mobile

31 11.15%
  • mLife

13 4.68%
  • Cingular

33 11.87%
  • Other

34 12.23%
  • I hate my service

48 17.27%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Cell Phone Service

Expensive Sushi
    Originally posted by Sex-Machine

Ahh, ok. Thanks! So well, I can't complain of mine.. BeeLine (I don't think anyone knows it, since it's a Russian operator ) And the good thing is that it has rowming in more than 100 countries so..

BTW which Nokia do you have?
    i'm thinking of getting a cell phone but i'm so consued as to which service to get...all you guys are doing is complaining lolz...well i guess i really depends on which cities you are at...but u just gotta test things out-i don't have that kidna patience though...anyway Sex-Machine..are you from England or something? I know that hymn Jeruselum...I sing it (or used to..in my high school choir)...

AT&T has the best service in my experience, and sprint's coverage blows in the seattle area. verizon is okay, qwest is decent (but no nationwide)...

but yea AT&T seems to be the best by far around here, and cingular is good because they have a roaming agreement with ATT, so they're network is essentially as good. Nextel sucks. Their coverage blows, though they have that walkie talkie thing. but their customer service literally verbally abused my mom when she called in...
    /^\_/*\_/^\_/*\_/^\_/*\

Jerry

Goldfish
    Does anyone know how AT&T is in Kansas City and Missouri in General?

My phone is due for an update and my Sprint contract should be running up soon. Sprint service is pretty good around here as long as you stick to major highways. Of course Sprint is based in KC so it should be. I go to rural areas a lot though and would like not to roam as much.

EDIT: Bye the way M-Life is AT&T isn't it?
    Last edited by birdstud; 07-07-2003 at 12:12 AM.
    2500+ XP, Asus A7N8X Deluxe, 512 Corsair PC2700, Western Digital SE 80GB, Radeon 9500 Pro, Soundstorm Intergrated Sound

Originally posted by birdstud
    Bye the way M-Life is AT&T isn't it?
    You are correct.

Abit NF7-S|

Mobile AMD XP2500+ @ 2.4 GHZ|
    Crucial 512 DDR 2700|
    ATI Radeon 9600 256MB|
    52/12/32x Lite-on |
    180 GB Total Space|Windows XP Pro

G4 12" PowerBook Superdrive

Expensive Sushi
    Last edited by PD; 07-22-2003 at 07:55 PM.
    P4 2.4c @ 3.30Ghz
    Gigabyte GA-8IK1100
    1 Gig Samsung PC3200
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Originally posted by ba021784
    Have any of you heard of a small company called Nextel? They have the best service ever. Plus phones with a walkie talkie built in. Never had a single problem with them as of yet and I have been using their service for over a year and a half.
    Nextel isn't that small anymore. They are taking over the sponsorship of NASCAR from Winston next year. I am using Nextel in NW Florida and am really happy with it.

Hammerhead Shark ComputerManiacs's Avatar

Talking

Hey, guys Fido is not bad too. I could not say is the the best but it is good.

Computer Maniac
    Current System:

Intel Core 2 Duo Q9550 @ 3.83Ghz with Zalman CNP9700TN, 8G OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 HPC, ASUS P5Q Deluxe, AMD HD4870, Soundblaster X-FI Extreme Music, Duo OCZ Vertex 60G (RAID 0), 500G Seagate SATA, LG 20x DVD burner, Samsung 20x DVD burner, Antec 900 w/Antec Trio 650W PSU, Dell 2408FPW LCD, Logitech Z5500 5.1 Speaker, Logitech G5 w/G15 keyboard

3DMark 2003 = 41732
    3DMark 2005 = 22648
    3DMark 2006 = 16148

I have Verizon and I'm very happy with it. They have great customer service too.

As far as Sprint goes I've heard differing stories about the coverage, but almost unanimously people say they have the worst customer service! I've heard absolute horror stories about them. I'd never ever use Sprint after that. You know it's bad when there's a website like this on the net about them: http://sprintpcs-sucks.org/

Somewhere South of North and North of South
    my experience has been that every cell provider has sucky customer service. they seem like they don't care.

i've kept cingular only because of the number. i've had it for seven years and don't want to change it. once this number portability rule goes into effect, you can bet your that i'll be hunting for a better plan and service.
    "If you come to a fork in the road, take it"
    Yogi Berra.
    http://www.jchampion.com

If it hasnt been mentioned yet...

ALLTEL SUCKS!!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM...AS FAR AS YOU CAN!!!

Why? See my post here...
    New Rig: Pentium 120@120Mhz (fanless heat sink), 16MB EDO DRAM, S3 Trio 64V+ PCI 1MB, 1.2GB Western Digital HD, 8X TEAC CD-ROM, TEAC Floppy Drive, Aztec 14.4 Modem/Sound Galaxy Washington 16 Sound Card Combo, 150-Watt AT PSU, Packard Bell Desktop Case, Packard Bell 15" VGA Monitor

NEVER GET CINGULAR!!!!!!!!

i had cingular, signed a 2 year deal and got 2 phones, now it's a year into the contract, looked on their site to see what kind of phones they got now cause my g/f wanted one...motorola v60gi is $100, give them your old cell and they send you the $100 back, so i say cool...call them up and ask them if i can do that, the lady says YES... i say fine, go down to cingular and they say NO, cant "upgrade" for another 6 months...upgrade? who said i wanted to upgrade, they advertised the fcking phone for $100 with a MIR, they say its "upgrading", ill have to wait, but i can pay for it in full if i want...so i lost it, called cingular back and told them i want $40 off my bill right fcking now for the inconvenience they caused me or im cancelling service, they begged me not too and cried how they couldnt take off $40 then whined how i have to wait even though ive paid them over $1300, they felt it was worth it to NOT take $40 off my bill, keep me for another 12 months, and rape me for another $1200....i told the lady "theres a $150 cancellation charge, $150 is a month and a half of airtime...id rather pay $150 now than $1200 later, CANCEL ME BTCH!!!".... moral of the story, cingular doesnt give a fck if your a good paying customer, they dont take into account your payment history, your just a number...you dont count... avoid like the plague, oh and they tack on roaming charges every once in a while even though you have the nation plan, avoid them at all costs! i cant vouch for anyone else cause i have only had cingular, ive used at&t (someone elses phone) for about 8 months and it never cut out, they never charged for anything you didnt have etc... id go with them over cingular, they will fck you with no lube, then do it again... even the guy at the cingular store....i said "so since ive been a good paying customer, paid you people over $1300 you cant work with me?" he says "NO!" i said "FCK YOU" threw my arrowhead water at him and split...they have zero respect for customers, so i show them zero respect back. absolutly the worst company i've ever dealt with, terrible business practices... just look at THIS SITE THAT EXPOSES THE TRUTH ABOUT CINGULAR they are the worst rated wireless company ever, that means something.
    Last edited by vairox; 10-03-2003 at 09:50 PM.

I've been using Nextel for about three years now and have had no problems whatsoever. Frequent business trips to CO and and SoCal and never a problem with getting signal or service. I started off with the monstrosity of a phone, the i550. Got an i60 now. The i60 is way better in size, but I have to admit the i550 (that I affectionately called "log") had better signal strength, probably due to the 8lb battery it took.
    A64 3800+ Venice @ stock/DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D (5/10-2 bios)
    OCZ Dual Channel 3200 EL (2X512) @ 2.5-4-4-7 (for now)
    BB ATI X800XL 256MB/Maxtor 120GB SATA/WD 120GB SE IDE
    Hauppage Win-TV DVR/Antec True Control 550W/XP pro

Sharky's Folding@Home Team
    The Folding Farm: rig in da sig, XP2400+, 1.1 TBird, Athlon 700, PIII 866
    Sharky's SETI@Home Team

Find even more computer help and some great OT at Fix-IT.org!
    Remember, there are no mistakes in Modding. It's just MORE custom...

Vairox, chill dude.

A year ago you went in to Cingular shopping for a cell phone and saw that they had a deal you liked, and you signed up for it. But there are always going to be better deals down the road...always. But we cant be indecisive, or well never be happy. Just be happy with what youve got.

Besides, do you really think that they are going to give out free phones to everybody with no strings attached??? It doesnt work like that. Do you know how much a Motorola v60 costs? Its not $100...let me tell you. Dealer cost on that is around $240. If they are going to cut a deal like that on a phone, they have to make sure that their going to get their money back out of it, which means theres certain strings that are going to be attached. Cutting you a deal on one phone, and then a year later cutting a deal on another phone is bad for business. "But theyve already got X money out of me..." On the back of the contract you signed a year ago, there appeared certain terms and conditions, and included in that is information like that. Look at what you sign before you sign it instead of whining about it later.

And the terms and conditions are really the same for any cellular company...you wont find another one out there thats fundamentaly any different. They may be more lenient on upgrades, but theres always a gotcha somewhere else. Cellular companies are busninesses, and they are going to do what is profitable for them. No matter what company your talking about, there is someone out there that says, "They suck! I hate them! Theyre the worst service in the world!" If someone comes in yelling about Alltel, we set them up on Cingular or Verizon. If someone comes in yelling about Cingular, we set them up on Verizon or Alltel. If someone comes in yelling about Verizon, we set them up on Alltel or Cingular. And if they hate them all three, then its time to get out of the cell phone business. But usualy, it all boils down to the same thing...they signed a contract with a company, not fully realising what they were agreeing to, and then got mad about it later...and then they sign a contract with another company not realising what they were getting into with it.

But you know, your right. You have payed them a lot of money, and if you had gotten ahold of the right person and calmly, reasonably discussed the matter with them, you may have been able to work something out. But I know that if I have someone come to me and curse me for living and demand something of me, I will do absolutly nothing for them I dont legaly have to. If you had shown them some respect up front, they may have been more willing to do something for you. You say that you will never have Cingular again. Im sure theyre sentiment is the same about you. You were just a good story for the lady on the phone to laugh about at her lunch break. And life goes on...

See, you get a different view of things when youve spent some time on the other side of the counter.
    New Rig: Pentium 120@120Mhz (fanless heat sink), 16MB EDO DRAM, S3 Trio 64V+ PCI 1MB, 1.2GB Western Digital HD, 8X TEAC CD-ROM, TEAC Floppy Drive, Aztec 14.4 Modem/Sound Galaxy Washington 16 Sound Card Combo, 150-Watt AT PSU, Packard Bell Desktop Case, Packard Bell 15" VGA Monitor

i said "so since ive been a good paying customer, paid you people over $1300 you cant work with me?" he says "NO!" i said "FCK YOU" threw my arrowhead water at him and split...they have zero respect for customers, so i show them zero respect back.
    Im sure that settled the matter. Thats called acting like a child. Grow up.

Trust me, acting like that doesnt earn you any respect at all. I have more respect for the Cingular guy for not crawling over the counter and opening a big old can on you...

Cingular's policies are not HIS fault, and you had no right to act that way with him.

i was in the mall, they asked me to buy a phone...i said "lets see what you have" and the rest is history. they said 2 year deal here your 2 phones. i said fine, see ya.

look on their site and they have a motorola v60gi phone for $100 with a mail in rebate for $100 when you send in your cell phone... this is the part you didnt read...

I CALLED CINGULAR TO VERIFY BEFORE LEAVING THE HOUSE, THEY SAID YES MR. XXXX AFTER LOOKING AT YOUR ACCOUNT YOU CAN DO THIS PLEASE VISIT A CINGULAR STORE TODAY BECAUSE THE OFFER EXPIRES TOMORROW

i then left (the whole point of calling was to not waste my time which they did anyway, whooda thunk it?) for the store, got there and the dude calls the same people i just talked to and they said NO...

tell me you wouldn't feel jacked around and thought of as a peon ? i think anyone not under heavy opiate sedation would be livid, i did not say anything to the guy at the stand (same stand i bought the phones from in the first place) i just left without saying anything, i cannot control my anger, i dont do yoga, i dont meditate with incense sticks in my ***, i dont do tae-bo, i didnt want to be responsible for smashing his face even though he didn't do anything, the company did so i decided to take it out on them...called them back and blah blah blah told me to go to a real store not a stand so i did (omitted this to make the post smaller lol) and the dude at the cingular store tried to get cocky and said "no" to everything i asked nicely about, the "can you work with me dude? i've been a great customer..." dude says "NO!" what am i to do? cant wring the persons neck over the phone a cingular, this dude is provoking me...i threw my water at him, he's lucky i didnt throw a fist and knock him out of his *** leather chair. thats when i called cingular back and demanded the $40 off my bill, i was gonna say $50 but i thought naaa $40 is reasonable but NOOOOO....they wasted my time twice, so i figured it was MUUUCH better to pay $150 now (month and a half of airtime) and leave the company than pay them another $1200 in fullfilling the rest of the contract.

you've got a customer that pays their bill on time everytime, been with your company a year, plans on carrying out the entire contract and you go and lie to them then piss them off and waste their time THEN expect them to stick around? ya right. cingular only cares about corporate accounts, thats their money...the guy with 2 phones doesnt count and they dont care if u leave, but they might care when you get other companies to use nextel instead of considering cingular (oh yes i hold a grudge)

all i can say to cingular is...CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW???

I have more respect for the Cingular guy for not crawling over the counter and opening a big old can on you...
    i do too, cause id hate to be facing manslaughter charges over a stupid phone...that would suck.
    Last edited by vairox; 10-09-2003 at 03:58 PM.