Best Cell Phone Service - Page 5

Sharky Forums

View Poll Results: Which Cellular Service do you Prefer?

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint PCS

32 11.51%
  • Verizon

87 31.29%
  • T-Mobile

31 11.15%
  • mLife

13 4.68%
  • Cingular

33 11.87%
  • Other

34 12.23%
  • I hate my service

48 17.27%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Cell Phone Service

Had Voicestream/T-Mobile and then switched to AT&T over a year ago. No comparison....AT&T is so much better. T-Mobile had the price advantage for a long time but AT&T suddenly became almost even. Batteries would run out on my T-Mobile phone after just a couple of days of light use. AT&T runs forever. Maybe it's because there were no T-Mobile towers nearby (in Ft.Worth) which accounted for my marginal signal inside alot of buildings.....AT&T signal always strong. Anyway, that's my two cents.

I like Verizon except for ONE MAJOR issue. The fact that they don't have "no roaming". I get so pissed off because I can be in the city, where I'm supposed to be getting full service and if all the towers are tied up it will automatically bump me over to a roaming tower and I will get charged roaming. When I call customer service and complain I get nowhere. They just tell me over and over that I have to check my phone to make sure that it doesn't say roaming. I DO THAT EVERY TIME I MAKE A CALL!!! GRRRRRRR and somehow they still charge me roaming. When I call and tell them that I check my phone everytime all they say is that the charges are legit and they won't budge.

If they were to change thier plan to include no roaming like cingular then all would be right with the world of cell phones, but they don't. And Cingular is not worth switching to because of some of the other things that they are crappy about. It seems like every single cell phone company always has one little hitch to screw you over with. I wish there were just one that had everything I wanted.

Mako Shark
    Why is it that people over-react when something doesnt go exactly right? If i went by the oppinions here, there wouldnt be a provider left to choose from.

I like T-mobile in atlanta, but when I go to SC I have to use the Cingular networks, funny how there isnt a single T-mobile in SC.

Person Without An Interesting Name
    Major Pwain of the Cooler's Guild

I don't think I've ever had a problem with my billing but service here in c'ville sucks so hard.

Quiet PC.

Expensive Sushi
    I had sprint and dont get me wrong I had great service everywhere I went but they tried screwing me over with all these extra fees and and this other ******** so I dropped them and went to T-mobile. T-mobile is alright it does the job.

I had AT&T for a while and was generally pleased with them. I did get excellent reception for a while and a few times when we went camping way out where (I live just outside of the smokey mountains ) I was the only one with reception. It was in roaming... but at least I had the piece of mind that I could use my phone if an emergency came up.

Then my phone started getting a little old and worn out and wasn't working as well. My reception wasn't as good, etc. Now this is just from years of wear and tear not AT&Ts fault. But this started happening right around the time that my contract was up. I had been price shopping around a bit and I decided to go ahead and switch services to T-Mobile.

I looked at the T-Mobile place around here and the guy, who was actually very helpful and straightforward with me, told me about the number hopping deal where you just bring in your last bill, etc and they'll switch the number over to their service within 24 hours. That sounded good to me considering the hundreds of people who have my number. Well I went back to sign up for my new plan a few days before my AT&T service was going to turn off (I already called and cancelled). Turns out that like someone mentioned in a post, they were only required to let you keep your number in the large user based regions (big cities). They did do it in my area but T-Mobile corporate called and told them to stop. They said that if I wanted to wait till the very end of May that they would be allowed to do it again and I could keep my number. Well I couldn't be without a cellphone for that long because it's the only phone I have, we don't have a LAN line at our house, me and my two roommates just use our cells. So I went ahead and just got a new number.

I have been very happy with my service thus far. I got a Motorola V300 phone and I am extremely satisfied. With my new T-Mobile plan, I never have roaming ever. If my cell can see a cellphone tower then I have service reguardless of who's tower it is. It's a new deal that T-Mobile has with other providers. I tend to travel around alot and that is very helpful.

Both of my roommates used to have Cingular, and both of them got completely screwed over. One of them got his bill in the mail one month and it was like $400. He didn't go over his minutes but there were roaming charges out the whazoo on there. He never left our town the month of the billing and we can get great reception most anywhere around here. So he calls them up and asked about it and said that his phone should have at least said roaming if he was going to hop into roaming for no apparant reason. They essentially said tough luck you got screwed and were of no help and wouldn't provide him with any form of explanation. So he told them where to shove it and told them that he wasn't going to pay the bill. He never payed the bill and switched providers. He got things in the mail for a little while saying you owe us this much blah blah blah. Eventually they realized he wasn't going to pay and gave up.

The moral of the story is that any provider is going to vary in quality depending on your location and who runs the place in your area. Do your research, ask your friends.

Couldn't even think of using anyone but Nextel. They simply rock and are well worth the price.

Sleeps with the Fishes
    In my humble opinion I believe Verizon is the best. I travel all over the US, hang out in most major airports. Drive on Mountain roads, go to metro and rural towns. Verizon has given me the best coverage with the fewest dropped calls. My contractors use Nextel, ATT GSM, Cingular GSM, and my brothers use Sprint PCS. I tend to have the interior coverage also.

Phone selection is a bit weak, but my calls getting to me is what matters to me and my calls getting through and not dropping and for me Verizon does it the best.

Originally posted by rasputinj
    In my humble opinion I believe Verizon is the best. I travel all over the US, hang out in most major airports. Drive on Mountain roads, go to metro and rural towns. Verizon has given me the best coverage with the fewest dropped calls. My contractors use Nextel, ATT GSM, Cingular GSM, and my brothers use Sprint PCS. I tend to have the interior coverage also.

Phone selection is a bit weak, but my calls getting to me is what matters to me and my calls getting through and not dropping and for me Verizon does it the best.
    I've learned to filter through info and learn what's truly a good company in my ares
    Sprint PCS has this wonderful where it shows you and allows you to see the exact locations of their towers and how many are in your area. No more seeing those stupid coverage maps...

Verizon does offer the best reception service.
    I rank Sprint PCS 2nd (in the areas that i travel to, such as NYC and DC) IF you have a Sanyo cellphone. Is you're using a samsung, i'll rank Sprint for you 4th best.
    3rd, i give it to Cingular
    4th, ATT and t-mobile

the above is taking NYC and DC into consideration.

i have nextel....

althou the features are cool the service sucks in certain areas and in some buildings reception is horrible
    "Beta testing war is hell."

Originally posted by G5_Todd
    i have nextel....

althou the features are cool the service sucks in certain areas and in some buildings reception is horrible
    What keeps you with Nextel, why not try another provider?

Go to bed coolqf, it's late now :/

Quiet PC.

Hammerhead Shark
    i've had cingular (previously pacbell) for 4 years now without a problem. i didn't pay my bill for 2 months and they didn't disconnect me or give me any late fees when i finally paid.

Verizon... never ever dropped a call in 3 years. Rarely loose service... and have been all over the south with it and always have service!

Verizon has the best coverage area bar none.

They've also been rated number 1 more than a few times for cell service in a few publications. Generally you can't go wrong with them.
    "I am strong. I can throw a rock and hit a gypsy from 15 meter!"

Expensive Sushi
    I had T-mobile, I'm now on Cingular. The network is the same. CS quality is better on t-mobile.

I switched because I could not get any reception with my Sprint phone.

Any provider will have "dead spots". Try to find out which does not have such a spot where you work/live
    Uber Gizmo - the Gadget News Blog - www.ubergizmo.com