Total Annihilation, how to play on home network.?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Total Annihilation, how to play on home network.?

Hybrid View

Reef Shark

Total Annihilation, how to play on home network.?

i have two system which are connected through direct cable network ( i mean no hub is used) and using windows XP on both systems. i want to play Total Annihilation on it.? and i don't find any option in multiplayer which run on simple network.??
    Anybody can help me.?

Thanks

Pretty sure you need the IPX protocol installed for LAN play. TCP only works for internet games.
    He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.
    -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by jubjub
    Pretty sure you need the IPX protocol installed for LAN play. TCP only works for internet games.
    TCP\IP can handle both LAN, and Internet. IPX is an old Novell protocol that's limited to intranet transmissions.

Originally posted by Farmer_BOB

TCP\IP can handle both LAN, and Internet. IPX is an old Novell protocol that's limited to intranet transmissions.
    In this game. TCP is for internet play. IPX is for LAN play. That's the way it is with lots of old games. Warcraft comes to mind.
    He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.
    -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by jubjub

In this game. TCP is for internet play. IPX is for LAN play. That's the way it is with lots of old games. Warcraft comes to mind.
    That's how it is with the original AOE (you can use IPX), but I think you can still input an IP address, and setup a LAN connection within a workgroup of computers.