Total Annihilation, how to play on home network?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Total Annihilation, how to play on home network?

Reef Shark

Total Annihilation, how to play on home network?

i have two system which are connected through direct cable network ( i mean no hub is used) and using windows XP on both systems. i want to play Total Annihilation on it.? and i don't find any option in multiplayer which run on simple network.??
    Anybody can help me.?

Thanks

Sleeps with the Fishes talldude's Avatar
    I can't remember, but it should support LAN gaming. There should be a tab somewhere in there for that...haven't played that game in a LONG time so i forget...

Hammerhead Shark

Re: Total Annihilation, how to play on home network?

Originally posted by Xcom_Cheetah
    i have two system which are connected through direct cable network ( i mean no hub is used) and using windows XP on both systems. i want to play Total Annihilation on it.? and i don't find any option in multiplayer which run on simple network.??
    Anybody can help me.?

Thanks
    Is it just a straight cat5 patch cable? If it goes through the network ports, then you will be using TCPIP for sure, regardless of whether a hub is used or not. Try the TCPIP setting. I had trouble with TA on Win XP and ultimately play it on my 2 win 2k boxes. Even then, I had some issues where they wouldn't properly connect 50% of the time via tcpip. I ended up using IPX which made a dramatic improvement.

Good luck!