Please settle this dispute over need for speed hot pursuit 2

Sharky Forums

Thread: Please settle this dispute over need for speed hot pursuit 2

Reef Shark

Please settle this dispute over need for speed hot pursuit 2

Ok, so i'm at work and talking about need for speed hot pursuit 2 with a co-worker. i mention htat the top speed of the cars fastest game is like 230. he says he gets them to over 300mph....and of course i say thats impossible. then he says, how fast the cars can go depend on your computers speed. i have a 1.4ghz AMD he has an XP2000 cpu, not sure about his video card, but my computer keeps up easy, and he is trying to say that if i had a faster processor the cars would be able to go faster, and i'm saying its not possible since they have a set top speed. i know i'm right here just back me up.

Re: Please settle this dispute over need for speed hot pursuit 2

Originally posted by Dennis885
    Ok, so i'm at work and talking about need for speed hot pursuit 2 with a co-worker. i mention htat the top speed of the cars fastest game is like 230. he says he gets them to over 300mph....and of course i say thats impossible. then he says, how fast the cars can go depend on your computers speed. i have a 1.4ghz AMD he has an XP2000 cpu, not sure about his video card, but my computer keeps up easy, and he is trying to say that if i had a faster processor the cars would be able to go faster, and i'm saying its not possible since they have a set top speed. i know i'm right here just back me up.
    Yes, either he's talking BS or seriously uneducated when it comes to computer. More likely both though
    E6420 @ 400x8
    AW9-D MAX
    2GB Crucial Ballistix PC5300
    eVGA 8800 GTS

if he gets them over 300MPH then he must have a cheat as there is no car with a top speed that hight. I would just make sure he does not have it set for km/h because you can hit over 300 that way (332km/h is my top recorded speed, that's about 208MPH)
    If your sig is longer than your post then type more.

Mako Shark
    I would have to say that he most likely has it in KMH

I havent played HP2 but its somewhat of a simulator and I doubt highly that any of the cars would be close to 250.

Person Without An Interesting Name
    Major Pwain of the Cooler's Guild

Originally posted by muisejt
    if he gets them over 300MPH then he must have a cheat as there is no car with a top speed that hight. I would just make sure he does not have it set for km/h because you can hit over 300 that way (332km/h is my top recorded speed, that's about 208MPH)
    Ditto. I recall not being able to quite hit 210 MPH in the McLaren. And I did that on an AMD K6-266.

Open Source is free like a puppy is free.

It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames.

Understanding Evolution

You are right- the top speed is nothing to do with the PC but is built into the .inf files that describe the cars. These files can be edited to produce different handling and different top speeds.
    Newest comp DFI nf2 ultra xp1500-m @223*10.5 or XP2500-M barton @230*10.5
    new comp- 8RDA+, xp2100 TbredB @202*11, 2*twinmos 3200 (non winbond), 9700 pro, Maxtor 9 plus 80gb &120GB, Hitachi CML174SWB 17" LCD
    Old comp KT7A Axia 1ghz @1.38GHZ,
    GF3 ti200, Compaq 910 19" Monitor