BF1942 and new joystick - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BF1942 and new joystick

Originally posted by JustWhitman

Well with my joystick (Sidewinder Precision 2) all I have to do is click on the bind, and then click the hat switch in the direction I want bound.
    I didn't notice any bind function or feature in the controls area. Could you be more specific?
    Prince of the OC Crusaders

Intel i7 3.2GHz @ 4.24GHz
    Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3-1600 (quad channel)
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz
    Asus 20x DVD-RW DL DVD-RW

Originally posted by Un4given

I didn't notice any bind function or feature in the controls area. Could you be more specific?
    It's just like binding the other controls. Just double click on the desired function, and bind a key to it by pressing it. Sorry if it's a little vague, I've always sucked at describing things

Not Pirate... Arrrchiver Mr Cherry's Avatar

Click the box you want changed, then click your hat switch or whatever button and it should set it, save and get playing.

EDIT: beaten.
    Last edited by Mr Cherry; 08-01-2003 at 02:05 PM.
    ---> : : : computer specs : : : <---
    :::heatware:::

Currently playing: World of Warcraft [Lightbringer Realm]

''Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Sixty seconds till midnight…sixty seconds to nowhere, baby! You have all become victims of the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs… Hey! Pay Attention!"

update: 2/28/08

I knew about that, but there is nothing in the Air configuration screen for setting any such function. Is this something I need to set on the General configuration screen?

Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz

I knew about that, but there is nothing in the Air configuration screen for setting any such function. Is this something I need to set on the General configuration screen?
    Ahh. Yes, it's in the "common" settings tab, near the bottom.

Ahh. Yes, it's in the "common" settings tab, near the bottom.
    Okay, thanks alot. I played a bit last night and can definitely do better with the joystick. Actually got to shoot down a few planes, but being able to look around would definitely help in spotting other aircraft.

Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz

Okay, thanks alot. I played a bit last night and can definitely do better with the joystick. Actually got to shoot down a few planes, but being able to look around would definitely help in spotting other aircraft.
    Yea, flying in Bf1942 is useless w/o a joystick. The view switching can be a little tricky at times, particularly in the middle of a dogfight. It causes me to crash quite a bit Like I'll be dogfighting and have someone on my six, then I switch to rear view and forget my controls are reveresed and I go to pull back on the stick only to wind up nose diving into the ground

Originally posted by Mr Cherry

YEP! Just found out a few minutes ago.

http://forums.acomba.de/showthread.php?t=525

It's been mentioned that the voices are getting redone, as well as adding the Iraqi voices.
    So does that mean when the coalition takes an objective the Iraqi Information Minister will talk and say they didn't?
    Last edited by Stryker5; 08-01-2003 at 03:08 PM.
    [size=.5]Core2Duo E6420 | Gigabyte P965-DS3 Rev 3.3 | 1GB x 2 OCZ Reaper DDR2 | EVGA 8800GTS 640MB | SB Audigy | 74GB WD Raptor | Altec Lansing AHS-512i headset | 2 x 19" Hyundai L90D+ | Lian Li PC70 Full Tower | WinXP Pro SP2[/size]

Originally posted by Stryker5

So does that mean when the coalition takes an objective the Iraqi Information Minister will talk and say they didn't?
    Anything is possible.

''Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Sixty seconds till midnight…sixty seconds to nowhere, baby! You have all become victims of the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs… Hey! Pay Attention!"

I've dedicated many hours to perfecting the art of flying. I can fly an F16 upside-down 2 feet from the ground now

I'm going to try those hatch views u guys keep mentioning about.
    If you can't find the needle in the hay stack, burn the hay stack.

Windows XP tips, tricks, and tweaks here.

[insert bragging here]

Arrow

I programmed one of the CH-throttle buttons to switch hatch view with a simple thumb press.

The only criticism I have is the ability to bomb yourself (in-flight) in this game. It's true to life to a certain degree (actually in real life, even at level flying there are flow effects, such as fuel tanks ripping through the tailpipe at subsonic/supersonic speeds). It's just that the statistics in the game are laughable. I don't recall the mass destruction of flights out of careless bombing of themselves in ww2...

Then again I don't recall stories of troops dodging incoming bazooka rounds by jumping around either....those are some pretty weird one-on-one battles that go on, esp duelling with the game's AI.
    Last edited by G19; 08-04-2003 at 02:44 AM.
    COL 3:17-

Yeah!!! Got it set up so I can switch the camera views. Thanks for the help. I also found that one of the joystick buttons will remove the dash instruments from view, so I get the cockpit view and x-hairs, just no dash, and I like it.

Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz

Yeah!!! Got it set up so I can switch the camera views. Thanks for the help. I also found that one of the joystick buttons will remove the dash instruments from view, so I get the cockpit view and x-hairs, just no dash, and I like it.
    If you push "inside view" twice (or once if you're already in "inside view") it will do that for you If you hit it again it brings the dash backup.

If you push "inside view" twice (or once if you're already in "inside view") it will do that for you If you hit it again it brings the dash backup.
    Oh yeah, whenever I get inide a plane it's "F9" before I take off always. Who fly's with the HUD?
    Last edited by Mr Cherry; 08-04-2003 at 01:01 PM.

I didn't know about it, I just ran across it on accident. It is way better that way.

Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz