BF1942 and new joystick - Page 3

Sharky Forums

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BF1942 and new joystick

Originally posted by Mr Cherry

Oh yeah, whenever I get inide a plane it's "F9" before I take off always. Who fly's with the HUD?
    Some servers dissable the no-HUD view. I don't play on those servers

Not Pirate... Arrrchiver Mr Cherry's Avatar
    Originally posted by Hey Yoda

Some servers dissable the no-HUD view. I don't play on those servers
    I've never found a server that did that. I discovered this when I was playing Wake Demo, I don't know how you can fly with your view being obsured. You won't be able to see who you bomb. I love that you can easily remove it. It makes for a much better game, IMO.
    ---> : : : computer specs : : : <---
    :::heatware:::

Currently playing: World of Warcraft [Lightbringer Realm]

''Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Sixty seconds till midnight…sixty seconds to nowhere, baby! You have all become victims of the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs… Hey! Pay Attention!"

update: 2/28/08

I've never found a server that did that. I discovered this when I was playing Wake Demo, I don't know how you can fly with your view being obsured. You won't be able to see who you bomb. I love that you can easily remove it. It makes for a much better game, IMO.
    Obviously the HUD adds realism, but I agree that it is much funner without it.
    Prince of the OC Crusaders

Intel i7 3.2GHz @ 4.24GHz
    Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3-1600 (quad channel)
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz
    Asus 20x DVD-RW DL DVD-RW

Un4Given, did you try DC?

desert combat > all

I never even play regular BF1942 anymore.

Oh yeah, whenever I get inide a plane it's "F9" before I take off always. Who fly's with the HUD?
    I used to do that but with the F# view keys replaced onto the joystick's Hat switch you can change view even in the middle of a dogfight.
    Windows XP Pro
    P4 2.4B
    768 pc2100
    9800p

Originally posted by janko10
    Un4Given, did you try DC?

desert combat > all

I never even play regular BF1942 anymore.
    No, I just barely goy BF1942.

Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz

Originally posted by Un4given

No, I just barely goy BF1942.
    Here is the download link for Desert Combat http://www.desertcombat.com/?page=download_DC0.38 It,s super easy to install and keeps your regular BF 1942 control settings so you do not have to set up your Joystick all over again. I never bothered with it until just a month ago and boy I did not know what I was missing.

It plays all the same maps and a few extra customs also but your weapon are modern and look and act like they are also. I love taking out jets with a "Stinger" over the shoulder rocket lancher.

Can't believe I had to pay for the crappy "Road to Rome" expansion but this awesome "Desert Combat" was free!
    Last edited by crashed13; 08-05-2003 at 09:52 PM.
    Windows XP Pro
    P4 2.4B
    768 pc2100
    9800p

Originally posted by crashed13

Can't believe I had to pay for the crappy "Road to Rome" expansion but this awesome "Desert Combat" was free!

My sentiments exactly.
    Intel Pentium® 4 2.8Cghz | ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe | 2GB PC3200 Corsair XMS | BFG Tech GeForce 6800 GT | Audigy Platinum Ex | Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1's | Maxtor HD 160GBx2 | Creative Encore 12x DVD | Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD±RW | Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen Monitor | Windows XP Pro |

Toshiba PCX1100U Cable Modem- 9834kbps average
    "Eat My Dust!"

Lamda Dir imayoda of the Cooler's Guild
    Sharkyextreme.com 3DMark Team
    Join The Sharky Forums Folding Team

I had planned on trying it, but like I said, I'm just barely getting started on BF1942, and haven't even played all the maps yet.

Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz

Originally posted by Un4given
    I had planned on trying it, but like I said, I'm just barely getting started on BF1942, and haven't even played all the maps yet.
    Ya, stick with bf1942 for now, until you're bored with it. Then play DC. I still prefer bf1942 over DC. I think it's more fun.

Originally posted by Hey Yoda

Ya, stick with bf1942 for now, until you're bored with it. Then play DC. I still prefer bf1942 over DC. I think it's more fun.
    I agree, it's nice to get good at vanilla BF. It truely is an excellent game. Then ones you feel you've gotten good at BF (you don't have to be God of BF or anything) try DC. It is much faster paced and can be a little intimidating to n00bs. DC should have Release .4 out in a month or two and then you will see the real difference between the two. Also Secret Weapons is an expansion for BF that will be coming out very soon. They are going to be releasing a stand alone DEMO so be sure to check that out before you head off to the store next.

''Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Sixty seconds till midnight…sixty seconds to nowhere, baby! You have all become victims of the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs… Hey! Pay Attention!"

I agree, it's nice to get good at vanilla BF. It truely is an excellent game. Then ones you feel you've gotten good at BF (you don't have to be God of BF or anything) try DC. It is much faster paced and can be a little intimidating to n00bs. DC should have Release .4 out in a month or two and then you will see the real difference between the two. Also Secret Weapons is an expansion for BF that will be coming out very soon. They are going to be releasing a stand alone DEMO so be sure to check that out before you head off to the store next.
    There is supposed to be a new DC patch (0.39) sometime this week. The Secret Weapons demo comes out this Friday (which might be the same day as DC 0.39)

Originally posted by JustWhitman

There is supposed to be a new DC patch (0.39) sometime this week. The Secret Weapons demo comes out this Friday (which might be the same day as DC 0.39)
    But .4 will have the navy and completely new maps (no old bf42 maps). With .4 there should be no vanilla BF elements left in the game. Everything from machine guns to tanks to the crud on your shoe will be DC made.
    Last edited by Mr Cherry; 08-05-2003 at 05:12 PM.

But .4 will have the navy and completely new maps (no old bf42 maps). With .4 there should be no vanilla BF elements left in the game. Everything from machine guns to tanks to the crud on your shoe will be DC made.

Wow, no more BF1942 maps at all? I'll miss El Alamein.
    Intel Pentium® 4 2.8Cghz | ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe | 2GB PC3200 Corsair XMS | BFG Tech GeForce 6800 GT | Audigy Platinum Ex | Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1's | Maxtor HD 160GBx2 | Creative Encore 12x DVD | Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD±RW | Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen Monitor | Windows XP Pro |

Toshiba PCX1100U Cable Modem- 9834kbps average
    "Eat My Dust!"

Lamda Dir imayoda of the Cooler's Guild
    Sharkyextreme.com 3DMark Team
    Join The Sharky Forums Folding Team

Originally posted by imayoda

Wow, no more BF1942 maps at all? I'll miss El Alamein.
    that's what the dev team says, though I'm sure due to public demand they will still support the old ones. But they may be a seperate download instead of in the normal release.