BF1942 and new joystick - Page 4

Sharky Forums

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BF1942 and new joystick

Ah, I see. Where do you come by this information? I'd like to be better informed. Have any web site or forum recommendations?
    Intel Pentium® 4 2.8Cghz | ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe | 2GB PC3200 Corsair XMS | BFG Tech GeForce 6800 GT | Audigy Platinum Ex | Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1's | Maxtor HD 160GBx2 | Creative Encore 12x DVD | Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD±RW | Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen Monitor | Windows XP Pro |

Toshiba PCX1100U Cable Modem- 9834kbps average
    "Eat My Dust!"

Lamda Dir imayoda of the Cooler's Guild
    Sharkyextreme.com 3DMark Team
    Join The Sharky Forums Folding Team

Not Pirate... Arrrchiver Mr Cherry's Avatar
    Originally posted by imayoda
    Ah, I see. Where do you come by this information? I'd like to be better informed. Have any web site or forum recommendations?
    I had one forum, but since last week I've had to go to two. And just today I've had to add another. *sigh* I hate forum politics, one of the reason I keep coming back to SF.

1.) http://www.bf42.com/forums/index.php?
    2.) http://forums.acomba.de/index.php?
    3.) http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbat...mbat/index.asp

1.) Bf42.com - the original community hang out. Recently a Mod revolt lead to new leadership and loss of about 1/2 the community.

2.) This is where the 1/2 went and formed their own community. Knowledgable people frequent here but more attitude.

3.) Just found out a couple hours ago that this will be the BF1942 Desert Combat Mod Offical Forums. Here is where all the devs plan on making annoucements and where they will supposidly keep up with the community. However no one from the other forums like the Gamespy forums so we will have to see if the community responds.

If you have any questions you can PM me, I'm fairly knowledgable about the game and I've spent the last 6 months on the above mentioned forums.
    Last edited by Mr Cherry; 08-05-2003 at 06:03 PM.
    ---> : : : computer specs : : : <---
    :::heatware:::

Currently playing: World of Warcraft [Lightbringer Realm]

''Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Sixty seconds till midnight…sixty seconds to nowhere, baby! You have all become victims of the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs… Hey! Pay Attention!"

update: 2/28/08

Thumbs up

Thank you for the info and links Mr Cherry. I will be sure to check them out.
    Intel Pentium® 4 2.8Cghz | ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe | 2GB PC3200 Corsair XMS | BFG Tech GeForce 6800 GT | Audigy Platinum Ex | Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1's | Maxtor HD 160GBx2 | Creative Encore 12x DVD | Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD±RW | Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen Monitor | Windows XP Pro |

Toshiba PCX1100U Cable Modem- 9834kbps average
    "Eat My Dust!"

Lamda Dir imayoda of the Cooler's Guild
    Sharkyextreme.com 3DMark Team
    Join The Sharky Forums Folding Team

Arrow

Originally posted by Un4given
    I had planned on trying it, but like I said, I'm just barely getting started on BF1942, and haven't even played all the maps yet.
    I still find Battle of the Bulge to be the most difficult/challenging sp map out of the original box. The allied AI really slacks off in this one. Some jokers you find snake crawling at the base, rushing tanks with a pistol or just plain wandering around.(or maybe I need to add some more cpu cycles.) I start right out on the widnmill spawn point and hold off the first Panzer tide with anti-tank duck-and-spam until it seems inevitable one of the other points fall. It's one of those maps you can't really cheat on or exploit. Even Omaha Beach can be qickly undone if you slip behind enemy lines to the furthest spawn point.
    COL 3:17-

Originally posted by GARRIN19

I still find Battle of the Bulge to be the most difficult/challenging sp map out of the original box. The allied AI really slacks off in this one. Some jokers you find snake crawling at the base, rushing tanks with a pistol or just plain wandering around.(or maybe I need to add some more cpu cycles.) I start right out on the widnmill spawn point and hold off the first Panzer tide with anti-tank duck-and-spam until it seems inevitable one of the other points fall. It's one of those maps you can't really cheat on or exploit. Even Omaha Beach can be qickly undone if you slip behind enemy lines to the furthest spawn point.
    I played that map the other day and noticed the same thing. It seemed like I was getting almost no support from my team members. I was running around with a bazooka trying to take out tanks, but there are too many ground troops to fight off with that, so I wold drop the Bazooka and grab a rifle, wondering where the hell my guys were at!?
    Prince of the OC Crusaders

Intel i7 3.2GHz @ 4.24GHz
    Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3-1600 (quad channel)
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz
    Asus 20x DVD-RW DL DVD-RW

I played that map the other day and noticed the same thing. It seemed like I was getting almost no support from my team members. I was running around with a bazooka trying to take out tanks, but there are too many ground troops to fight off with that, so I wold drop the Bazooka and grab a rifle, wondering where the hell my guys were at!?
    Keep a eye on your mini map and hit "N" for a wider view of it. Don't go off on your own like a Rambo and it up to you to go where most of your team is even if you have to stay put and wait for a few to spawn.

On the tank map "Aberdeen" I alway follow at least one tank because even two Shermans or Panzers can make quick work of the more powerful Tiger and M10s. Heading on your own does not produce much.
    Windows XP Pro
    P4 2.4B
    768 pc2100
    9800p

Originally posted by crashed13

Keep a eye on your mini map and hit "N" for a wider view of it. Don't go off on your own like a Rambo and it up to you to go where most of your team is even if you have to stay put and wait for a few to spawn.

On the tank map "Aberdeen" I alway follow at least one tank because even two Shermans or Panzers can make quick work of the more powerful Tiger and M10s. Heading on your own does not produce much.
    I know that, but this map is different. It seems like once a point was attacked, the bot players would never try to retake it. They would all seem to fall back to the main base and stay there. On a conquest map like that, you can't just fall back to your main base and let the other team just take control of all other points. It was because of this that I had to go off on my own, although I don't do so normally, to take back some of these points.

Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz

I never tried single player or servers that use bots ,I have my ASE filtering those servers out. I hear the bots on BF 1942 are as smart as a plate of piss so don't exspect much from them.
    Windows XP Pro
    P4 2.4B
    768 pc2100
    9800p

When you've had your fill of singleplayer and want some fun multiplayer action be sure to download the offical EA.com map "Battle of Britain". It's great and really adds another realm of fun to the game. Check out my tips on how to be an effective Battle of Britain (BoB) player.

http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthre...hreadid=200588

Lot's of good stuff in there, plus most of the tips can be used in regular BF games.

''Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Sixty seconds till midnight…sixty seconds to nowhere, baby! You have all become victims of the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs… Hey! Pay Attention!"

Originally posted by Mr Cherry
    When you've had your fill of singleplayer and want some fun multiplayer action be sure to download the offical EA.com map "Battle of Britain". It's great and really adds another realm of fun to the game. Check out my tips on how to be an effective Battle of Britain (BoB) player.

http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthre...hreadid=200588

Lot's of good stuff in there, plus most of the tips can be used in regular BF games.
    Already downloaded it and already been playing it.

The thing I find most irritating about this map is the unrealistic speed and handling differences between the bombers and fighters. In real life those fighters are much faster and could fly circles around the bombers. In this game I find myself locating a bomber than spending quite a bit of time chasing it down because they are almost as fast and maneuverable as the fighters.

Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz

Already downloaded it and already been playing it.

The thing I find most irritating about this map is the unrealistic speed and handling differences between the bombers and fighters. In real life those fighters are much faster and could fly circles around the bombers. In this game I find myself locating a bomber than spending quite a bit of time chasing it down because they are almost as fast and maneuverable as the fighters.
    True, but that way you can actually stay behind the bomber when attacking it instead of having to strafe and circle back every time.

Arrow

I played that map the other day...
    I stay right next to the ammo dump right against the windmill, shoot and duck behind the sandbag. I use a pistol for the tank gunners, and grenades for advancing troops (more unrealistic spamming). The problem is that they will also sneak up on you from behind. The allied AI will seem to be a bit dense, but they actually will come around if you call for reinforcements and wait. The problem is staying alive. Of course it's not the only way to play, but it allows you to meet them head on. The biggie with the Botb map is you usually end up having to take charge of personally driving tanks out to the frontlines. I like the map though because the battle is long and there are a lot of turn-overs.
    COL 3:17-

Tiger Shark
    I live breath and eat BF1942 and its mods. Galactic Conquest is crap though, give it a few months and download it when it has been worked on some more.

Desert Combat is my favorite mod, although I really like EOD. I don't think EOD is going to be around anymore though.

Ugh, I hate El Alamein!! Especially Day 3.
    No one cares about your signature

Originally posted by Milo
    I live breath and eat BF1942 and its mods. Galactic Conquest is crap though, give it a few months and download it when it has been worked on some more.

Desert Combat is my favorite mod, although I really like EOD. I don't think EOD is going to be around anymore though.

In order to appreciate Alamien, start up a 64 COOP, get into the apache and rack up 150 kills.

Originally posted by Milo

Only Pros know how to enjoy Alamein.
    If you can't find the needle in the hay stack, burn the hay stack.

Windows XP tips, tricks, and tweaks here.

[insert bragging here]