Enough Case Fans?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Enough Case Fans?

Question Enough Case Fans?

Would 2x intake and 1x rear exhaust fans be enough for a system? I usually build with a top fan, but can't this time. I'll be using 28CFM fans, which should be enough. Only thing is, will have 4x HDDs and an A64 with Thermalright HS. No plans at all for O/C. I know it will run "warm", but do you think too warm?

in this situation I think 2x rear exhaust would serve you better. that way you're cooling the mosfets and cpu exhaust. Then just stick some extra fans up front and you're good to go.
    AM2 Windsor 2.4ghz -> Asus M2N-E/ 2048mb G.Skill ddr2800 -> Sapphire x1800xt
    A2 Plat eX -->Canare Cables/Pimeta --> AudioTechnica ATH-A500 & Ety ER-6
    Infinity Primus 150 w/ Datyon 10" sub

Sharky's Extreme 3dmark Team

I agree. If you can fit two rear fans then go for it. If you can't perhaps lower power intakes and a higher power exhaust.

Does the case have a side blowhole?
    I’m very discrete. I have no code of brand loyalty. I will build anything, anywhere; Gaming PC, workstation, HTPC, doesn’t matter. I just love building.

i agree also. use 2 for exhaust, and put the third one so it blows over at least one or two of the more active hard drives.
    workstation: athlon xp-m 2400+@2.4Ghz | epox 8rda+ | 512mb | seagate 80gb+160gb | arch linux
    web server: athlon xp 1600+ | epox 8k3a+ | 256mb | maxtor 30gb | debian linux