Far Cry Fork lift question

Sharky Forums

Thread: Far Cry Fork lift question

Catfish

Far Cry Fork lift question

Does anyone know if on the fork lift in Far Cry you can make it go up and down and pick up other boxes? I wasnt sure if you could or if you can what the key is to do it.
    AMD 64 3500+
    Asus A8N-E
    1gig ram DDR 4000
    Radeon 800xt 256meg PCI Express 16x
    300 gig, 200gig, 200gig, 160gig, 120gig, 80gig hard drive space
    Dvd burner

Sleeps with the Fishes Freddy_Kruger's Avatar
    You can drive it I know, I tried to make the forks go up and down but couldnt, is no the use key(I dont have the manual)but you dont need the forklift for anything, but I wanted to squish someone, too impractical to use as a weapon.

Sleeps with the Fishes Evil Crouton's Avatar
    I used to work in a stone yard for 3 summers (finished there last summer), we had forklifts, I remember how often we'd drag race them in the back after work, while drinking beer Ah, good times

Mako Shark
    Originally posted by Evil Crouton
    I used to work in a stone yard for 3 summers (finished there last summer), we had forklifts, I remember how often we'd drag race them in the back after work, while drinking beer Ah, good times
    and this is why there is such a high fatality rate on forklifts.

Person Without An Interesting Name
    Major Pwain of the Cooler's Guild

Catfish
    We had fights in Desert Combat on the map that had them, and you go make the lift go up and down on that and try and flip the other person over that was fun.
    AMD 64 3500+
    Asus A8N-E
    1gig ram DDR 4000
    Radeon 800xt 256meg PCI Express 16x
    300 gig, 200gig, 200gig, 160gig, 120gig, 80gig hard drive space
    Dvd burner

Originally posted by pwain
    We were responsible about it. We'd have little bets like 5 bucks and we were all veteran drivers, I was the youngest there, there was 8 of us, and we'd all bet who could beat who, longest burnout etc. It was a closed area with stretches safe to drag on. Most deaths on forklifts are total knobs who don't know how to operate them at all, and couldn't for the life of them ever get them to work right. It's second nature to all of us there. Whoever won got 2 beers, whoever lost got 1 beer. A lot of deaths also are people who work near load docks, which we don't at all.

Mako Shark
    Originally posted by Evil Crouton
    We were responsible about it. We'd have little bets like 5 bucks and we were all veteran drivers, I was the youngest there, there was 8 of us, and we'd all bet who could beat who, longest burnout etc. It was a closed area with stretches safe to drag on. Most deaths on forklifts are total knobs who don't know how to operate them at all, and couldn't for the life of them ever get them to work right. It's second nature to all of us there. Whoever won got 2 beers, whoever lost got 1 beer. A lot of deaths also are people who work near load docks, which we don't at all.
    lol, i was just kidding with you. I mess around on the forklifts at work a good bit. just seems likes beer+forklift=fatal error. Also most forklift accidents are beause of the amount of weight they are lifting

lol, i remember that map in DC, it was quite entertaining.

Person Without An Interesting Name
    Major Pwain of the Cooler's Guild

lol, i was just kidding with you. I mess around on the forklifts at work a good bit. just seems likes beer+forklift=fatal error. Also most forklift accidents are beause of the amount of weight they are lifting

Yea it's after hours and the most we'll have is 2 beers in us when we leave.

I remember when they came out, They could flip anything.

That new sea rigs map is perfect for a duel, had a friend see how could ram each other off them. Thats what I love about games, ramming forklifts doesnt=fun in real life...
    Desktop 1: Raidmax X-1 ATX, A64 3500+ on Asus A8N5X nForce4, PCIe Geforce 7800GT 256mb, 2x512mb PC3200,
    Desktop 2: Alientower , P4B 2.53Ghz O/C to 3.04ghz on ASUS P4B533, r9800pro 128mb, 2x512mb PC2100,
    Dell i8100 Laptop: P3 1.13ghz, 64mb r9000, 384mb.
    Xbox 360 - Modified Hitachi Firmware|Xbox Xecuter2.6 80gb |GC|1.5 PSP w/ 2GB MS Duo
    The new hottness: 2005 Lancer Evolution 8 GSR

Sleeps with the Fishes Freddy_Kruger's Avatar
    When i was 16 I was working in a warehouse, I backed up a forked to turn it around, then someone sparked up a conversation. After the conversation finished, I looked forward and gunned it, only it was still in reverse I busted up a wall.
    Last edited by Freddy_Kruger; 04-11-2004 at 11:56 PM.

I've NEVER done anything like that at all, I honestly have been at probably 100 different businesses in my young 19 year old life, and have yet to see ONE place that has competent forklift drivers, they're all shitty drivers without a clue. It seemed as though my work was the ONLY place to have everyone there competent forklift drivers in the entire god damn city.

Sushi
    Quote Originally Posted by pwain View Post
    We all have to die one way or another.
    This sounds like an original way to go .