Hitman Contract and DX9b

Sharky Forums

Thread: Hitman Contract and DX9b

Hitman Contract and DX9b

I'm having a bout of memory loss and can't remember what Crytek was showing at the nVidia showcase - was it DX9b (pixel shading 3?)

I"m wondering because I just installed Hitman Contract, and it asked me if I wanted to install DX9b, but I can't remember if my R9500P can render it or not.

Off to blast a few baddies...
    MBP 2.13 C2D

Mr Zurkon is here to kill PointlesS's Avatar
    iirc direct x 9 with ps/vs 3.0 support will be called direct x 9c...hitman 3 doesn't really relate to far cry though since hitman 3 uses the glacier engine while far cry uses the crytek engine (they were demonstrating the differences between ps/vs 2.0 and 3.0...though a lot of it is pure bs)...I don't think hitman 3 uses ps/vs 3.0 features either...the highest your card can run is ps/vs 2.0...graphically speaking there's not a whole lot more between ps/vs 2.0 and 3.0 but 3.0 offers better features that programmers will appreciate...
    Last edited by PointlesS; 04-29-2004 at 10:56 AM.
    Lian Li PC-K7B | Intel i5 750 | 4GB A-Data 1600 | Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R | XFX Radeon 5850 | 2-640GB WD Caviar Blue | X-fi Xtrememusic | Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra | Dell U2311H | Antec Basiq Plus 550W | NEC 3550A | Win7 Ultimate x64
    and a whole lot of lovin..

Whether or not your graphics card can render it, you need at least the version of DirectX on your computer that the game requires. DX9b is the most current one, so if it's not on your comp, the game won't run. If your vid card doesn't support certain features, it'll usually just ignore them, which is why you can still play games that need DX9b with cards made prior to that version's release.
    Rig: Intel Q8300 2.5 GHz CPU, Radeon 3650 256MB, 6 GB DDR3 RAM, 750 GB SATA HDD, Vista Home Premium 64bit

Treo 700p (Verizon)/iPod Classic (80GB)