Best UT2k4 MODs / Mutators - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best UT2k4 MODs / Mutators

By the Power of Greyskull Colossus's Avatar
    Originally posted by Geoffreyeolson
    maybe people are really tired of playing cs on that dated hl engine. Can you understand that? Their hasn't been a really good game that has passed by to replace it. Anyways I don't see why ut is so great the way it is. It seems like an incredibly mindless shooter. I thought it was awesome and all for like a week and than it just lost its appeal. I really like remote strike cuz the game doesn't seem so mindless with this little mod. The guns have recoil and require more articulation and concentration than the stock ut guns. The stock guns you just spray away and imo that gets a little boring after a while.
    Well CS is a very boring game.. I was never fond of it...

I dont think UT gets boring, maybe if you only play SP mode But there are plenty of public servers out there to give you a challenge...

The stock guns are well balanced (for the most part)... But this is not a new game, since there was UT, UT2003 and UT2004.. So you know what kind of game it is So it wouldnt be a shock

Most FPS are all the same, you collect weapons, kill people, get points... Rather simple So there is rarely any deviation from that.

Intel I9 14900K|ASUS - MAXIMUS Z790 HERO|ASUS GTX 1080 Ti|64GB G.Skill|(3) Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVME |Custom water cooling||Alienware AW3423DW 34" OLED

288TB Plex server (UNRAID)
    (18) WD 16TB Red

Originally posted by Colossus
    UT2004 is great as it is... I dont want anymore stupid Desert Combat mods

I NEVER understand why a mod team would make one game look like another... Like the people who is modding UT2004 to look like CounterStrike... Can we say dumb?

If you want CS, then play CS...

I never understand that.
    are you referring to Strike Force? Counter-strike wouldn't be where it is today without Strike-Force...

Goldfish
    Never heard of Strike force.... HL mod?

There was a CS-like Mod for UT (original one I think?), cannot remember the name. Had some fun fraggin' my drunkin' fraternity brothers last year on that one.

At any rate, UT is definitely a "twitch" game, even as far as FPS games go. Far Cry, for instance, is not so much twitch as it is tactical. So... it's all preference. If you're not in the mood for or unable to play a lot of twitch, then mods (or different games...) are definitely in order. Hence my purchase of Call of Duty / FarCry, and my quest to find the right MMORPG.

One game I always liked was Tribes (original one, not T2). It had a lot of twitch involved, but was also tactical. You ahd to be constantly thinking of new tactics. But it was also a game of agility and dexterity. Best CTF ever in a game was Tribes, IMO.

*twitches* Hmm methinks I need to go kill something. Or eat food. Or eat somebody. *twitches*
    CPU: a64 3000+ MoBo: ASUS K8V Deluxe Ram: 1 GB Corsair TwinX XMS PC3200 HDD: 160 GB Seagate 7200 RPM SATA Combo Drive: Lite-On combo CDRW/DVD GPU: Sapphire Radeon 9800PRO 128 MB Case: Antec SoHo File Serview - Viewplus

Originally posted by vorquin
    Never heard of Strike force.... HL mod?

There was a CS-like Mod for UT (original one I think?), cannot remember the name. Had some fun fraggin' my drunkin' fraternity brothers last year on that one.
    I think you're talking about Strike Force, too...
    Rig: Intel Q8300 2.5 GHz CPU, Radeon 3650 256MB, 6 GB DDR3 RAM, 750 GB SATA HDD, Vista Home Premium 64bit

Treo 700p (Verizon)/iPod Classic (80GB)

Mr Zurkon is here to kill PointlesS's Avatar
    no strike force is a ut mod...there's also infiltration and tactical ops...
    Lian Li PC-K7B | Intel i5 750 | 4GB A-Data 1600 | Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R | XFX Radeon 5850 | 2-640GB WD Caviar Blue | X-fi Xtrememusic | Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra | Dell U2311H | Antec Basiq Plus 550W | NEC 3550A | Win7 Ultimate x64
    and a whole lot of lovin..