Tutorials and Other Useful Programming Links

Sharky Forums


Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Tutorials and Other Useful Programming Links

  1. #1
    Texan Dragon Moderator Galen of Edgewood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Ft Irwin, CA
    Posts
    5,602

    Exclamation Tutorials and Other Useful Programming Links

    I don't know why I never suggested or did this before.... What I want here is a compilation of good programming tutorials and, in general, a reference section for any and/or all programming languages, centralized in a single thread. Sound good to y'all?

    Book suggestions are suitable for this thread as well. Oh yeah, SPAM is bad, m'kay? This is not a free post thread, so don't treat it as such.

    Database is now open for entries here.
    Dragon of the OC Crusaders

    Break the rules and you're snack food for this dragon...

  2. #2
    cprogramming.com
    Ive saw this posted on the forums before to learn c++. Pretty good site.

  3. #3
    Texan Dragon Moderator Galen of Edgewood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Ft Irwin, CA
    Posts
    5,602
    There is always the starting point for Java:

    http://java.sun.com/

    And a good one for Perl

    http://www.perl.org
    Dragon of the OC Crusaders

    Break the rules and you're snack food for this dragon...

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Expensive Sushi cjohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    35
    For information on function pointers in C: function-pointer.org
    A nice book on OCaml is free online: O'Reilly's Developing Applications with Objective Caml
    A really weird introduction to Ruby is Why's Poignant Guide to Ruby
    The first edition of Programming Ruby is available online as well.
    A decent introduction to regular expressions is on regular-expressions.info.
    For PHP, nothing's better than the manual.

    If you want to learn about Scheme (or computer programming in general, really), the ever popular "Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs" from MIT is available online (http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html) and has accompanying video lectures!

    Also of use to lots of other things is MIT's OpenCourseWare.
    Last edited by cjohnson; 10-24-2004 at 09:06 AM.
    <wik> /bin/finger that girl in the back row of machines

  6. #6
    Reef Shark
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    423
    Links:

    http://www.planet-source-code.com/

    http://www.windevnet.com/

    http://www.programming123.com/topics/visual_c++.html

    http://javascript.about.com/cs/windowtutorials/

    http://www.symbian.com/developer/downloads/tools.html

    http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum8.html

    http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/homepage.xml

    http://devcentral.iticentral.com/art...t1/default.php

    http://www.codersource.net/cpp_copy_constructors.html

    http://www.geocities.com/contactgirish/homepage.html (MFC and stuff)

    http://www.softlookup.com/tutorial/vc++/vcu35fi.asp

    http://www.freeprogrammingresources.com/visualcpp.html

    http://pdf.coreservlets.com/

    http://www.programming-x.com/program...ing-links.html

    http://www.fawcette.com/vsm/2004_01/...oks/page2.aspx

    http://www.masterasap.com:8080/lesso...5/lesson.jsp?2

    http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/java/Servlet-Tutorial/

    http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/tu...ascript/9.php3

    http://www.xsellnewmedia.com/js_workshop/events.htm

    http://www.daysite.net/programming/jsp.htm

    http://www.mindview.net/

    There are more sites that I use or have used, but these should suffice.

    As for books, some of the ones I have are:

    - Java
    Big Java
    Java Bible
    Professional Java Programming
    Sun's Java 2EE Tutorial 2nd Edition
    Java in a Nutshell
    The Art of Java
    Effective Java

    - MFC
    MFC Bible
    MFC Black Book

    - C++ / VC++
    Big C++
    The C++ Programming Language
    VC++ .Net Bible
    C++ Primer
    C++ Unleashed
    Effective C++
    Accelerated C++
    Sams Teach Yourself Database Programming with VC++6
    Sams Teach Yourself VC++6 in 21 Days

    - Javascript
    Javascript Bible


    - C#
    Professional C#
    Mastering Visual C#
    Mastering ASP .Net with Visual C#
    C# Complete

    - XML Web Services
    XML Unleashed

    - ASP .Net

    Asp .Net for Dummies ( )

    And then I have tens of other books in e-format, but I always liked paper books more.

  7. #7
    Catfish webraycer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Midlothian, VA, USA
    Posts
    187
    www.w3schools.com has great references and tutorials for HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, ... etc. Pretty much everything web related.

  8. #8
    Sleeps with the Fishes Alec§taar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A Discrete Point in the Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    582
    FOR BORLAND DELPHI CODERS:
    =============================


    Torry's Delphi Pages -
    ------------------------


    http://www.torry.net/

    Delphi SuperPage -
    ------------------------


    http://delphi.icm.edu.pl/

    Borland Community -
    ------------------------


    http://cc.borland.com/



    * They're pretty much all a Delphi/Object Pascal person needs for developing true, stand-alone, FAST executeable files for Linux using Kylix, or Win32/.NET apps using Delphi!

    APK

  9. #9
    Catfish
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    187

    Safari Bookshelf

    One of the best references period... It has most if not all of Oreilly's books up for read and its free if you are in a university.

    http://safari.oreilly.com/
    ~The black wind howls..~
    My c0mp:
    -AMD Athlon XP1800
    -SK6 w/ Delta 60mm
    -Shuttle AK31 (kt266a)
    -512mb CRUCIAL PC2100
    -ATi Radeon8500 retail
    -40 gig IBM 60GXP
    -Plextor 16/10/40A
    -Pioneer 106S DVD-rom
    -Game Theater XP
    -Sony MDR-V6

  10. #10
    Sushi
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the darkside of the internet
    Posts
    4
    what operating system can i use to write and view the programs?

  11. #11
    I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Urbana, IL
    Posts
    12,648
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtech20 View Post
    what operating system can i use to write and view the programs?
    It all depends. Most programming is done through Windows, but all the main OS's can write programs. As long as it has a text editor. To compile, you need a compatible operating system. I would recommend Windows. You need to install the programming library for the language you want to use and then I would recommend getting a good programming environment such as Eclispe. These give you realtime code debugging and suggestions. Some even come with templates and tutorials.

    If you are fresh, it will probably take a day or so just to set your computer up correctly to program.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

    Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
    Links:

    http://www.planet-source-code.com/

    http://www.windevnet.com/

    http://www.programming123.com/topics/visual_c++.html

    http://javascript.about.com/cs/windowtutorials/

    http://www.symbian.com/developer/downloads/tools.html

    http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum8.html

    http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/homepage.xml

    http://devcentral.iticentral.com/art...t1/default.php

    http://www.codersource.net/cpp_copy_constructors.html

    http://www.geocities.com/contactgirish/homepage.html (MFC and stuff)

    http://www.softlookup.com/tutorial/vc++/vcu35fi.asp

    http://www.freeprogrammingresources.com/visualcpp.html

    http://pdf.coreservlets.com/

    http://www.programming-x.com/program...ing-links.html

    http://www.fawcette.com/vsm/2004_01/...oks/page2.aspx

    http://www.masterasap.com:8080/lesso...5/lesson.jsp?2

    http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/java/Servlet-Tutorial/

    http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/tu...ascript/9.php3

    http://www.xsellnewmedia.com/js_workshop/events.htm

    http://www.daysite.net/programming/jsp.htm

    http://www.mindview.net/

    There are more sites that I use or have used, but these should suffice.

    As for books, some of the ones I have are:

    - Java
    Big Java
    Java Bible
    Professional Java Programming
    Sun's Java 2EE Tutorial 2nd Edition
    Java in a Nutshell
    The Art of Java
    Effective Java

    - MFC
    MFC Bible
    MFC Black Book

    - C++ / VC++
    Big C++
    The C++ Programming Language
    VC++ .Net Bible
    C++ Primer
    C++ Unleashed
    Effective C++
    Accelerated C++
    Sams Teach Yourself Database Programming with VC++6
    Sams Teach Yourself VC++6 in 21 Days

    - Javascript
    Javascript Bible


    - C#
    Professional C#
    Mastering Visual C#
    Mastering ASP .Net with Visual C#
    C# Complete

    - XML Web Services
    XML Unleashed

    - ASP .Net

    Asp .Net for Dummies ( )

    And then I have tens of other books in e-format, but I always liked paper books more.



    thanx
    y8 | Miniclip | y3 | friv | ben10 | y8 | kizi | y8 | y3 | y8 | pogo

  13. #13
    Expensive Sushi
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson View Post
    For information on function pointers in C: function-pointer.org
    A nice book on OCaml is free online: O'Reilly's Developing Applications with Objective Caml
    A really weird introduction to Ruby is Why's Poignant Guide to Ruby
    The first edition of Programming Ruby is available online as well.
    A decent introduction to regular expressions is on regular-expressions.info.
    For PHP, nothing's better than the manual.

    If you want to learn about Scheme (or computer programming in general, really), Tutuapp 9apps Showbox the ever popular "Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs" from MIT is available online (http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html) and has accompanying video lectures!

    Also of use to lots of other things is MIT's OpenCourseWare
    .
    thanks for this helpful links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •