linblock.pl <aka peer guardian> blocking sharkys?

Sharky Forums

Thread: linblock.pl <aka peer guardian> blocking sharkys?

linblock.pl <aka peer guardian> blocking sharkys?

i'm using linblock.pl to block RIAA, etc., which downloads and writes a bunch of known bad IPs to iptables every night, and sharkys is getting blocked by it.

i tried adding sharky's 63.146.109.206 IP to the iptable as an accept, but it's not working -- i think maybe i either have the command wrong on how to do that, or there's some other IP that loads when loading sharky's that's blocked. no other sites that i can tell so far are blocked, and as soon as i do an iptables --flush i can access sharky's again.

could someone who knows iptables better than i obviously do show me how they would write the command to allow a single IP? and if it's not sharky's IP that's blocking it, does anyone know what is?

By the Power of Greyskull Colossus's Avatar
    Just done download pirates music and you wont have to update the RIAA list.

Which would unblock sharky

i don't want them probing me no matter what i'm downloading.

I had this problem as well, I suggest you download a freeware app called Blocklist Manager to do just what the name suggests, manage your blocklists.

You can basically setup an easy profile with it, download the latest blocklist, then include your exclusions list (like Sharky's for example), then upload it to Peer Guardian and your good to go.

The entry you want to add to your exclusions list for Sharky's is Jupiter Media I believe.
    Sharky Extreme 3DMark Team
    i5-750 @ 3.15Ghz w/ Cooler Master Hyper 212+||Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3||4x2GB Corsair XMS3||Gigabyte HD 5850||Corsair 650HX PSU||Dell 2405||Win7 HP

Jexx11 on Xbox360 & Steam
    gar on Xfire
    Currently Playing: 360: CoD MW 2, PC: WoW, Borderlands, Call of Duty: Black Ops