Painkiller BOOH - Jump Puzzles SUCK!

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painkiller BOOH - Jump Puzzles SUCK!

Angry Painkiller BOOH - Jump Puzzles SUCK!

I liked Alice, but I stopped playing it because of the stupid and difficult jump puzzles.

Now Painkiller BOOH has jump puzzles! IT SUCKS! A fps is not supposed to have jump puzzles, man!
    You jump spikes, then you jump fire, then something else. 30 tries and I'm freakin, man! Gonna give the game back to my bud I think. Drivin' me nuts!

I HATE JUMP PUZZLES!!!

(there - I feel better now)
    Last edited by Bearded Kirklander; 12-30-2004 at 08:32 PM.

Ever played Half-Life 1?

Half Life 1's jump puzzles are easy as hell.
    Takes one try.

I wouldn't classify it as a "puzzle"
    Member of TSGG & ITG
    HEATWARE

Follow me down the rabbit hole:
    Spoiler

Sleeps with the Fishes Freddy_Kruger's Avatar
    Wow, I dont remember jumpiyng over anything but dead bodies in the original game.

oh I assume your talknig about the expansion ( I seen you posting about jumping in the game help section)
    Last edited by Freddy_Kruger; 12-30-2004 at 08:46 PM.

First of all - a Quick Load in Painkiller is anything but.

Second - I just tried to make the jump 15 more times. Nada.

Is there a NO CLIP for this thing or something?

My GOD what a pain in the butt!

Goldfish
    I agree that the jump "puzzles" in Painkiller Battle Out of Hell are unnecessary and add nothing (but frustration) to the game. Why halt the action? I am in the middle of this expansion pack, and like it so far. I just finished with the Leningrad level, and think it and the Dead City levels are two of the best FPS levels ever for atmosphere. I wasn't crazy about the first few levels of the expansion pack. I have been running this game pretty smoothly @ 1600x1200 with all graphic options (except AA) all the way up.
    Last edited by eduardh; 01-02-2005 at 04:31 PM.
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 (G0 rev.) 2.4GHz @ 2.76GHz; Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler; Arctic Silver CMQ-22G thermal compound; EVGA 680i motherboard; 2 EVGA 8800GTX video cards (SLI); Corsair Dominator 4GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel; SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer; Western Digital Raptor (32GB) for O/S and Maxtor 300GB SATA 150 for games; PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad; Antec 900 case; Samsung Syncmaster 214T 21" 1600x1200 LCD display;Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium SP1.

Sleeps with the Fishes Freddy_Kruger's Avatar
    Right on. I have the expansion now but i didnt load it up yet. I thought the game itself was a hoot. A no-brainer but a hoot with pretty good graphics just them same. But I cant remember any jumping puzzles at all mind you I didnt finish it. I wonder why they would add annoying puzzles to the expansion.

There were annoying jump-puzzles in the normal game too. At least, if you were going for all the secrets so you could get all the cards.
    I have BOOH too and I haven't really started playing yet because... I dunno, I'm not even very interested :-/ And threads like these aren't exactly encouraging me either.

I've read in another forum that you've got to perfect your bunny hop. That is, the 2nd jump immediately after the first, which will take you further. I'm stuck at the spot where many are POed about, over the 2nd pitof flame in the Coloseum (sp?) level. Had just about given up , gonna try this bunny hop thang later.
    Save Ana
    http://www.jpages.net/HelpAna.htm

Main Rig - All AMD build: R9 3900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 8GB 3600CL17 Patriot ViperRGB | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 (OS) | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung QVO SATA SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 6TB WD Black | Corsair HX 1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Samsung LC49HG90DMEXX 32:9 | iFi Micro iDSD BL | LG SL8YG Soundbar | 64bit Win10 Pro

Jumping to those stupid freaking wooden ladder things? OMFG!!! What a pain in the tail!!!

And why should you have to line up to jump on a freakin thin wooden beam and walk it like a tightrope! LAME!!!!

I'm trudging through the thing just for the sake of doing it, and frankly, it ain't much fun. I don't know why I put myself through this. Maybe it's because I want to be able to say I "survived" the game. Or maybe so I can know what up when other people ask about how to get through a level or if the expansion is worth it.

I swear - Serious Sam TFE and TSE still seem like better titles than either of the two Painkiller releases. Plus, they have Co-Op, and they have better weapons, more colorful environments and a kind of fun little attitude going on.

Anyone know how to kill the monster boss at the end? Has something to do with those glowing orange circles I suspect, just don't know what.

Thanks for lending me your ear. It's nice to vent once in a while.

Mako Shark
    why do games always use jump puzzled? ***

Originally posted by Terry
    Half Life 1's jump puzzles are easy as hell.
    Takes one try.

I wouldn't classify it as a "puzzle"
    There were plenty of irritating jumping sections in Half Life, especially in the alien sections, they really put me off the game.

Same with Metroid Prime, platforming in a first person view is a big no-no in my book.

John

Leviathan - AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, Noctua NH D15 Cromax, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR 3200Mhz, Nvidia RTX 3080 10GB, 4TB SSD/26TB HDD. Fractal Design R6, Corsair RM850X
    Rocinante - Intel i7 8750H, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, 2.2TB SSD, Alienware M15 R1

I agree. I hate those irritating jumping puzzles also. Probably why I never finished Tomb Raider. It was back in the day when I didn't use guides when I got stuck and just got burned out trying to find places to jump to when it all looked the same.

One I thought would be bad but wasn't was that giant stack of boxes you had to climb in Jedi Knight Outcast.

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

100% Green Poster. ZERO Carbon Emissions.

Demetrius I of Macedon was offended when the Spartans sent his court a single envoy, and exclaimed angrily, "What! Have the Lacedaemonians sent no more than one ambassador?" The Spartan responded, "Aye, one ambassador to one king."

What's the deal with Level 4? I tried playing it on the normal difficulty and it skipped right over it with a LOCK button or something.

Anyone know whaddup?

Thanks.

I made a thread about HL1 just after I finished it. One of my complaints about the game was the very large number of jump puzzles present. Not only that, but identifying some of them per a pain. HL2 was a much better balance of both number of jump puzzles and making them identifiable.
    Prince of the OC Crusaders

Intel i7 3.2GHz @ 4.24GHz
    Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3-1600 (quad channel)
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz
    Asus 20x DVD-RW DL DVD-RW