I just put together a new system... everything is working perfectly except for the HDD Activity LED. It's not coming on at all.

My motherboard is an MSI K8T Neo-FSR. My case is a Lian Li PC-61. I am running 2 Western Digital 7200RPM 80GB drives in RAID 0 via the motherboard's onboard RAID controller.

I'm pretty sure I have the 2-pin HDD LED lead from the case connected properly. I tried reversing it, and instead of getting nothing it all, it would turn red for a moment and then give nothing afterwards. I've stared at the mobo manual until my head hurts, but I'm pretty sure I have the lead from the case connected properly to the motherboard.

Perhaps I'm overlooking something stupid, or perhaps I'm expecting it to do something that it's not. My power LED it's a nice blue color... I can see some of it reflecting into the HDD LED, but the only lights I've gotten from the HDD LED have been the red ones I explained earlier.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. I can't seem to figure out what the problem is, unless it's the lead coming from the case or LED bulb itself, or if it's something to do with the RAID array (or maybe something even more obvious and stupid =P).