Anyone have the Iriver iFP-895 MP3 player? If so, can you share your experience?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Anyone have the Iriver iFP-895 MP3 player? If so, can you share your experience?

Anyone have the Iriver iFP-895 MP3 player? If so, can you share your experience?

Bud wants to get one of those Iriver iFP-895's on sale at Best Buy for $99 after $20 mail in rebate. So he goes there yesterday and wants to buy the thing, but this cashier checkout person was all like "Dude, those things suck - we have been getting 5 or more a day back on weekends cause they freeze up and stop working." So, naturally, he balks and bails. Question is, are they crap or not?

Anyone care to share their hands-on experiences? Would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BK

I have an ifp-795. The first day it shut down on its own a couple times, but after that there hasn't been a single problem. Battery life is great. Controls are easy. There is supposed to be a firmware update soon that will enable the player to act as a hdd when you plug it in. For now you need software, but it's easy to use and leave little footprint.

Budding audiophile.

HTPC: IC7-G | 2.8C P4 | Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu | 512MB PC3200 | 80G WD PATA | 160G WD SATA | AIW 9000 Pro | Audigy 2 ZS Platinum | WinXP SP2
    HT: Pioneer 1014 | JBL E80's, E10's, EC35 | Senn HD212 Headphones
    Mobile: iRiver ifp-799 > Shure E2C

I have the 899, and I've never had a problem with it. Great little piece of hardware. and 99 bucks for the 895 is a good deal.

Ya really get the 40 hours of battery life they talk about?

Err, well no. I tend to play it loud and with EQ on, so I don't get that much. Couldn't tell ya how much I get, I'd say around 25-30. I just use rechargable batteries so it doesn't bother me.

It sounded cool that it takes like a single AA battery. You can use regular alk or get NiMH rechargeables. Spiffy.

But that won't much matter if the thing locks up and stuff, I guess. That's most what he's worried about. It's no fun to buy something and then have it die on ya real fast.

Well I've had it for quite a while now, and its never locked up on me.