Nintendo to let retailers set the price for the GC.

Sharky Forums

Thread: Nintendo to let retailers set the price for the GC.

Nintendo to let retailers set the price for the GC.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26941

So if this is true, it would be an awesome time to grab a Gamecube this holiday because you know Best Buy and Circuit City and Wal Mart will sell GCs for dirt cheap to clear them off the shelves.

If I see a brand new Gamecube for 50 bucks I am going to jump. I still have my original Gamecube from Nov 2001, unlike my original PS2 and XBOX which died on me. I have to hand it to Nintendo for creating a sturdy well built product.

So please do yourself a favor and if you don't have a GC, and you see one for 50 bucks, buy it with a copy of Resident Evil 4 and thank me later.
    "I am strong. I can throw a rock and hit a gypsy from 15 meter!"

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    dang...

I just bought a used one in great working order, with a memory card, one controller, metroid prime, windwaker, viewitful joe, and entral darkness for 97 bucks total.

At least I don;t have to wait till december...:-D
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    It's pathetic to see retailers like EB giving you a whopping $20 trade-in credit for a GC (compared to $75 for a PS2 or Xbox), only to turn around and sell it for roughly 3 times that.
    I wonder about someone who would take $20 off a trade for a working Gamecube.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    It's pathetic to see retailers like EB giving you a whopping $20 trade-in credit for a GC (compared to $75 for a PS2 or Xbox), only to turn around and sell it for roughly 3 times that.
    I wonder about someone who would take $20 off a trade for a working Gamecube.
    I feel ya. I sold 7 games to them, all less than 2 years old, for $21.
    |::160GB WD 8Meg::::::::::::::::::MX510::|
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SoSo09
    I feel ya. I sold 7 games to them, all less than 2 years old, for $21.
    Haha, $3 a game. Not a bad deal for them. Betcha they didn't sell a single one of those games for less than $10.
    I just sold Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 to them for $7. They are selling used copies in the store for $35.
    I felt like an idiot, but hey, I never touched it anymore, and no one else was interested in it.

Still, I always try and sell my games online first. You can almost always get more from selling to another gamer than trading to a game store.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    yeah I figure you'll have better luck with ebay. I plan on keeping my games and giving the gamesube to a local orphange or charity along with 1 or 2 games and a few controllers once the revo comes out.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    I used to take my PS2 games to the pawn shop and get 15-20 bucks a piece off them. Didn't matter what game it was. I have a buddy thats been working at EB for along time and he tells people to go to the pawn shop sometimes because EB tries to rape them on prices. I usually pick up my games from best buy.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead