is Bards Tale any good? worth playing? - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is Bards Tale any good? worth playing?

I got to the beginning of the 3rd tower. so far this is my impression of it.

- Quite funny (I got a good sense of humor)
    - several "ohh sh1t" moments
    - fighting is pretty straightforward and simple (depending on the person they can see it as good or bad) and kinda remind of Secret of Mana for the SNES (good thing)

my only complains so far are.
    - a few jokes are corny
    - lack of variety on enemies.

Never saw more than 2 different types of enemy per level/dungeon.

on levels that have more than 1 "types" of enemy include the same monster with a different weapon. (say a goblin with a sword and another one with a bow/arrow). most of the time it's one enemy type with variant in what weapon they have.

for totally different enemy on a level at once I only saw 2 types ***!

Most of the level/dungeons I fought has only 1 type of enemy.. geeze one of the towers the whole time all I did was shoot arows at stupid pod plants till I got up to the final boss. then on the way down and out of the area all I fought was druids.
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

Sushi
    Quote Originally Posted by Wurm View Post
    You want a great RPG thats really easy to play?

GOTHIC and GOTHIC 2

'nuff said
    Gothic 1 and 2 <3 Best RPG ever for sure. I played this game in 2017. I thought it's an old game and I won't like it. But BOOM! I became a fan of this game right after I started playing this game. The soundtrack, gameplay and the story <3 The characters are so good. I liked Gothic 3 too but not like 1 and 2.