(Not sure how off-topic this is, but I've seen a lot of people talk about their receivers and such in this forum. If it needs to be in the 'Specialized Computing' forum, my apologies; I'd only ask that a mod move it if it needs to be moved.)

October 23, 2005: The day my receiver died.
I was watching a DVD that afternoon when my receiver went POP! I looked up and saw the LCD screen was flashing 'PROTECTOR' and then smoke rolled out from the vented cover...
I've taken it apart to see where the problem is, but I don't see any singed areas, and remembering where the smoked came from, I'd venture to believe that it was the power-supply.
So I find myself in the market for a new receiver - what do you guys like around here? I know that a lot of people like the Yamaha stuff; what about the newer Sony & JVC stuff? Although I'm not sure I want to go with Sony after the whole Rootkit fiasco...

I have a 12% off coupon at Best Buy for this weekend so I'd like to see if I can snag something at a decent deal; any recommendations?
My current setup is pretty modest so I don't need too much; I'd like it to be a minimum of 5.1 with Dolby Digital, Pro-Logic II, and DTS decoders built-in, however.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. TIA!