joystick/gamepad software to map keyboard/mouse buttons or functions?

Sharky Forums

Thread: joystick/gamepad software to map keyboard/mouse buttons or functions?

joystick/gamepad software to map keyboard/mouse buttons or functions?

I just got a Logitech cordless rumblepad2 gamepad
    (it's pretty much like a PS2 gamepad)

Since I don't play as much games I want to be able to map the buttons and analog sticks to say mouse buttons/movement and keyboard keystrokes.

so I can wireless control my pc from the couch.

I know logitech comes with a keyboard mapping software and there's JOYTOKEY but the problem with both of them is that they do not support mapping of the analog stick (say to make the mouse move). nor do they support any multimedia controls like (volume up/down)

anyone know of a better mapping application?
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

Expensive Sushi

This might Help

Well, I totally understand what u mean chant. I just got a 360 controller for my PC and was experimenting with different software for mapping buttons, since microsoft released a piece of shi* driver. The problem is Logitech software does allow you to map buttons to keys. But not anolog sticks, So u might want to try Pinnacle game profiler. Its a great piece of software that pretty much lets you map your analog sticks on your gamepad to mouse movements or arrow keys. It also lets you do this for mouse fps games, so you can use your analog as a mouse. Its fully programmable, and im sure itll work for your desktop, as it works in other programs. Its free for 30 days to try, but the downside is that at the end of trial youll have to pay $19.99 to keep it. But im sure one month of testing is enough fr u to make a decision on whether to keep or not. so go ahead and give it a try, the link is http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/ , have fun.

found a great free one:

http://redcl0ud.com/controlmk/

Control MK.

only thing missing is it can't do "shift" buttons to another profile like joytoekey but this does what I wanted.

I can control my pc and web browser from the conforta of my sofa wireless now

WOOT!!!!!!
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate