Apple 24 inch Led dsisplay worth 900$ ?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Apple 24 inch Led dsisplay worth 900$ ?

Tiger Shark

Apple 24 inch Led dsisplay worth 900$ ?

Hi,

I am buying a new monitor , was looking around and really impressed at the Apple LED Cinema Display .

any one here got one ? and is it worth 900$ ?

I looked for other "LED" monitors , found them really expensive in thousands ...

is it the same LED inside Apple or am I missing something here?

The picture quality is amazing but I dont know about gaming 14ms sounds slow to me but again 2ms on TN panels dont have good colors at all.

and finally , is LED that important ? how does the Apple display compare to Dell 24 inch monitor? Dell is almost 1/2 price , I cant really decide...

tyvm

Is it worth $900? Not for the screen.

The $900 worth of value starts to come into play if you have an Apple notebook and you want a display with built-in speakers, a webcam, a USB hub, a power adapter, and a really pretty glass screen. Also, I believe it only works with Mini DisplayPort. I don't know if you can even get a DVI-to-Mini-DisplayPort adapter.

IMO, the screen itself is worth about $450-$500, and all the extras are where that other $400-450 come in.

As far as LED goes... I'm not sure it matters much. It's important on a notebook because of brightness and power issues, but I don't know about in an LCD display. I suppose it might give it better backlighting/color, but I can't seem to tell. The Apple LCD looks like most other high end LCDs in terms of color and brightness. What makes everything look richer is the glass cover.
    Last edited by ImaNihilist; 03-26-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Ultra Great White Shark!! richardginn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaNihilist View Post
    Is it worth $900? Not for the screen.

The $900 worth of value starts to come into play if you have an Apple notebook and you want a display with built-in speakers, a webcam, a USB hub, a power adapter, and a really pretty glass screen. Also, I believe it only works with Mini DisplayPort. I don't know if you can even get a DVI-to-Mini-DisplayPort adapter.
    You mean this thingie...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....ci_sku=9208519
    www.myeducational plan.com-come see my plan to fix the USA educational system. I hope this is sig legal. Major Site Design Update on July 18, 2006. On June 18, 2009 passed the 10,000 post mark. December 24, 2009: Major Theme change and more....

Quote Originally Posted by richardginn View Post
    Nope. That goes the other direction.

Tiger Shark
    Thanks for the help,

seems like it wont work without Adapter

about LED i think it does make a difference , I ve seen LED monitors from NEC , Samsung and others they are top high end expensive monitors 2000$-4000$

samsung

http://shopper.cnet.com/lcd-monitors...-32851310.html

NEC and 21 inch :O

http://www.pricebat.ca/NEC-MultiSync...ital.p_137831/

so I really think Apple Cinema is a HIT LED and all those options + design and glass cover !!! lol I WANT IT

Edit: lol at Apple, it seems they dont want to sell their products anymore
    Last edited by fist; 03-26-2009 at 11:03 PM.

LED backlighting is great... sometimes i prefer watching movies on my tiny lenovo s10 with a 10" screen over my 24" desktop LCD since my netbook is LED backlit, the lighting is much more even esp with darker backgrounds
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

Houston, TX mostly. Lima, Peru partiallly.
    Careful that thing doesn't have standard input ports. You may (not sure) be able to buy an adapter for even MORE $$.

EDIT: The link above is to convert standard input ports to mini not mini to standard.
    Last edited by ewitte; 03-30-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Houston, TX mostly. Lima, Peru partiallly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpxgq View Post
    LED backlighting is great... sometimes i prefer watching movies on my tiny lenovo s10 with a 10" screen over my 24" desktop LCD since my netbook is LED backlit, the lighting is much more even esp with darker backgrounds
    I never owened an LED backlit screen but thats one of my reasons for getting plasma around the beginning of last year. Much better color and even lighting.