Windows Explorer Question

Sharky Forums

Thread: Windows Explorer Question

Windows Explorer Question

So I use Windows Explorer to browse through all my files and folders, and I've got 4 partitions on my HDD ranging from C to F plus like USB drives and CD driver.

Everytime I open Windows Explorer, I find that I have to open the tree to each drive every time to access the folders in the drive, and I find this pretty annoying. It is possible for me to open the main tree for each drive and save that position so that evertime Windows Explorer is opened, the drives are already expanded?
    "If brute force doesn't solve your problem, then your not using enough!"

P4 3ghz // Asus P5P800 // 1gb RAM // Radeon 9800pro // Seagate 160gb 7200.7 // LG DVD Burner // Lite-On CD Burner // Viewsonic PF795 19" // Altec Lansing ACS54 // Sony Studio Monitor Headphones

HOW TO: Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/default...307856&sd=tech

Examples

The following examples describe the use of Windows Explorer switches.

Explorer /n
    This command opens an Explorer window using the default setting. This is usually the root of the drive on which Windows is installed.

Explorer /e
    This command starts Windows Explorer using the default view.

Explorer /e,C:\Windows
    This command starts Windows Explorer using the default view, with the focus on C:\Windows.

Explorer /root, C:\Windows\Cursors
    This command starts Windows Explorer at the C:\Windows\Cursors folder. This example uses C:\Windows\Cursors as the "root" directory for Windows Explorer.

NOTE: Note the comma after the "/root" switch in the command.
    Explorer /select, C:\Windows\Cursors\banana.ani
    This command starts Windows Explorer with the "C:\Windows\Cursors\banana.ani" file selected.

NOTE: Note the comma after the "/select" switch in the command.
    The Windows Explorer switches can be combined in a single command. The following example shows the combination of the Windows Explorer command-line switches.
    Explorer /root, \\server\share, select, Program.exe
    This command starts Windows Explorer using the remote share as its "root" folder, along with the Program.exe file selected.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."