Error msg "Remove and check color cartridge" - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error msg "Remove and check color cartridge"

Honestly, in my history getting a refurbed printer is actually better than getting a new one. New ones just come off a line and get jammed in a box, so it's a crapshoot whether it's going to be alright. Refurbs have someone actually go over the product and fix the problems. I've got numerous refurbs over the years and with the exception of one Epson they've all been workhorse machines.

This is specific to factory refurbs, not Newegg/Best Buy return "refurbs".

The 7310/7410 series has been good to me at work. I have 3 7410s and they are all in pretty heavy use. They are fast as hell for inkjet.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the conditions that surround him... The unreasonable man adapts surrounding conditions to himself... All progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Assassin
    Honestly, in my history getting a refurbed printer is actually better than getting a new one. New ones just come off a line and get jammed in a box, so it's a crapshoot whether it's going to be alright. Refurbs have someone actually go over the product and fix the problems. I've got numerous refurbs over the years and with the exception of one Epson they've all been workhorse machines.

This is specific to factory refurbs, not Newegg/Best Buy return "refurbs".

The 7310/7410 series has been good to me at work. I have 3 7410s and they are all in pretty heavy use. They are fast as hell for inkjet.
    Thanks for the positive post

since I rarely print in color I just use a laser printer for most things. They had one here at work that just couldn't handle the load, and wasn't designed for the load they had on it, so it jammed often. They sold it to me for $50, and it even had a NIC in it, so I just threw it on my switch; I also got like 7 extra toners for it. I don't think I'll ever run out seeing as how the two of us in the house probably print 20 pages a month maximum.
    Prince of the OC Crusaders

Intel i7 3.2GHz @ 4.24GHz
    Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3-1600 (quad channel)
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz
    Asus 20x DVD-RW DL DVD-RW

Sushi

Thumbs up This is easily fixed

I just fixed this problem on my HP 7310 All In One printer, nothing suggested here so far worked (also as an aside, the heads are part of the ink cartridges).

The solution was to reach behind the ink cartridge housing and press the ribbon cables to ensure they were properly seated, this instantly fixed the problem even while the printer was powered up.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsinster
    This is a A typcle problem with hp`s 7000 to 8200.
    But DI RTY little secrect Lexmark is XEROX.
    I don't know where you got that idea.

Lexmark was founded in 1991 as a spin-off of IBM's printer-manufacturing division. Lexmark became publicly held and traded in 1995.
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
    Panasonic DVD
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

Sushi

Smile 7200 printer color printer cartridge problems

I had this problem today and after reading these comments I thought I would need to go buy a new printer. I cleaned the cartridge with a q-tip and no change. The printer would not even power down without unplugging it. Before heading out for a new cartridge and or printer I used a wet q-tip to clean the contacts at the back inside the printer which connect to the cartridge and the problem cleared. Thanks to this site I probably saved $200. Thanks