Trouble with Sapphire Radeon X1600Pro 256m AGP video card

Sharky Forums

Thread: Trouble with Sapphire Radeon X1600Pro 256m AGP video card

Expensive Sushi

Unhappy Trouble with Sapphire Radeon X1600Pro 256m AGP video card

I just upgraded my custom built comp with a Sapphire Radeon X1600Pro 256m AGP video card. The problem is that after playing Heroes 5 set at any quality ( I believe it's worse on higher settings) my monitor says "no signal detected" after about 5-10 minutes of playing and everything goes black, the only way to get a picture again is to restart my comp. The monitor is a new BenQ 19" LCD connected by DVI. I briefly tested the card on Age of empires 3 and there were no problems and outside of gaming it has been great. Any advice? I installed new drivers and can think of no other solution...
    Last edited by millnut; 07-03-2006 at 02:22 PM.

Leave the side panel open while attempting to play HOMM V. If it passes for several tens of minutes just fine, it's a heat issue on your video card.

Oh and welcome to Sharky's!
    Last edited by proxops-pete; 07-03-2006 at 03:08 PM.

Expensive Sushi
    Thanks for the advice, I didn't think it would do anything because I just replaced two dead fans when I upgraded my video card. The only problem was that my panel fan was pointed outwards... oops, i'll turn it arround and increase the airflow. this is a great site, i've been lurking on and off for a few years.

Expensive Sushi
    ok, so i switched the fan around but it was super loud. whats the deal, did I just buy a fan made for exhaust only?

Can you give us more info on the fan? Such as model/make and rated rpm and cfm... as for whether to leave it as an exhaust or intake is totally up to you. If it's on the side panel, I'd use it as an exhaust to take out the heat from CPU and video card...

Expensive Sushi
    ok, but as of now there isn't an intake, and there are no slots on the front of my case. Perhaps I could add on the the top?

All I can say about the fan is that it is an 80mm Antec 3 pin Ball Bearing case fan.

Expensive Sushi
    another thing, a few day ago I stumbled onto a program that displayed my case's temperature and allowed me to regulate my fan speeds, but now I can't find where I was! any idea what I found? P.S. It was already on my computer, deep within its bowels or something.
    Last edited by millnut; 07-05-2006 at 03:06 AM.