mobo drivers for asus A8M2N-LA - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mobo drivers for asus A8M2N-LA

Expensive Sushi

mobo drivers for asus A8M2N-LA

I have a pavilion a1710n desktop. Got some kind of virus so i reformatted it and put in windows 2000. Well, as you can guess, nothing works. I found the video drivers and got them in. Is there drivers for this board for windows 2000? Mass confusion here on my part...any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Expensive Sushi
    I thought the 1700 series of hp desktops were or came with xp? Why would you want to back down to win2000???
    Check to see if you have the same asusA8M2N-LA motherboard as the a1730n or the pavillion a1630n if so these should be correct for xp,work great in mine after going to dual boot after too much trouble with incompatible programs in vista!

Expensive Sushi

back to 2000

It came with vista. After the virus nailed me i dumped it. The only OS I have is win 2000 so thats what I put in there. I dont even know if I can get this machine to work with 2000 tho. Is it even possible?

Expensive Sushi

same board

I believe its the same board as the a1730n

Expensive Sushi
    Cant get a win xp sp2 cd somewhere? Home or Pro both work great! Winows 2000 was full of bugs I do believe, and dont think you will like it at all even if it does work?
    Your Vista should be fine for just internet or with programs that state they are compatible! Did you make recovery CDs from your partition???? you make your own OS Vista restore Disks with 2 DVDs or 6 to 8 CDs from which should be a D: partion of about 4gb on your hardrive? Did You make them already,as it should be one of the 1st things done after getting your machine running!
    When yopu get up and running again go directly to www.grisoft.com and download thier AVG FREE antivirus and they also have a free spyware program i think? install this and get go to Add Remove programs and get rid of Nortons antivirus as it is junk and a resource hog!

Expensive Sushi

Another question

Before I changed everything, my computer was hooked up to my router with a cable and working fine. I have three other computers, with net cards in them, that connect to the net thru the router. After i put 2000 in my computer, as you know, nothing worked. So, I went in the device manager and disabled all the devices I don't have drivers for. Then i put a net card in it to see if i could connect to the internet thru my router. It shows a very strong signal but cannot get online. Anyone know why it won't connect? As you can tell, this stuff is all new to me.

Expensive Sushi

recovery

if you formatted i hope you didnt clear the d: partition as well? you should be able to shut off your pc and right upon restarting it to keep tapping the escape key until your blue screen comes up and from there there is a selection for restore,boot options etc ,etc? Do a system restore,stay off the net until finished! Do a DVD or CD backup of your system Vista OS Disks(I even make backups of backups) and after thats done install AVG FREE and you should be fine until you can either get proper help to resore in XP but never throw Away your Vista OS Disks as at least your PC will run with this it probably wont with 2000???

Expensive Sushi

recovery disks

Nope, sure didn't. My bad. What i did is used the 2000 disk to format the hard drive on my computer. I had to create a partition of only 80gig to put 2000 on there. If i can find a copy of XP, how do i get it on there? I guess its safe to say I really screwed things up, huh?

Expensive Sushi
    you lan or nic card drivers are not there so you wont get onto the net?

Expensive Sushi

vista OS disk

Didn't come with one. I can purchase one from the hp site. You think that would be the way to go?

Expensive Sushi
    well you could reorder your system restore disks from hp ? but the links are there for xp drivers and these should get all your functions to work if you put in xp??

Expensive Sushi
    all the pavillions i have seen come with a recovery partition? you make your own CDs or 2 DVDs for the OS thats on the pc ! this will put it right back to origonal??

Expensive Sushi
    phone hp maybe your still under your 1 year factory warranty,they should help?

Expensive Sushi

thanks

drc35ca...thanks for your help my friend. If I don't end up throwing that machine out the window, I'll be back for some more help after i get some restore disks. Thanks again

Expensive Sushi

Got it!!

Well, just for everbodys info, the pavilion a1710n WILL work with windows 2000. I got all the drivers in and got alot more spare memory to play with. All my old programs are working great and so far the machine is running very smooth. For what I use this computer for, this is the best thing I could've done is put 2000 back in.