mobo drivers for asus A8M2N-LA - Page 3

Sharky Forums

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mobo drivers for asus A8M2N-LA

Expensive Sushi

Question How did you do it?

Maybe you can share how you did it so somebody in a similar situation with a similar PC can find the help they need!???

Expensive Sushi

From vista to win 2000 in the pavillion a1710n

After deleting ALL partitions during reformatting with win. 2000 disk, (yeah I know, smooth move huh?) I had to find all the board drivers. Well, this is where I found them so I would like to thank everyone who posted them, and thanks to drc35ca for the help. After installing the drivers my USB and firewire ports didn't work, and also video was dark and shadey. I finally emailed hp and they sent me a link to some chipset drivers for win.2000 and XP..for that board. After installing that, everything started working great. Heres the chipset drivers if anyone needs them.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_....26_11.09.html

Sushi
    The unknown devices is the asus akat 110 acpi device I upped the drivers for it to www.freshinstall.net/hp/desktop/ Actually all the drivers I have are there.

For this unknown device goto install driver, search, let me choose, then select all devices, then when it loads unzip the folder then goto driver/win2k/win2k and click ok and it will show it as a compatable item in the list but still prompt you saying that it might not be compatable but it is.

I got these drivers emailed to me from hp and they work just fine.

these are for xp sp2 only

Expensive Sushi

update

well folks, i guess i should retract the statement i made about win 2000 working fine in the pavilion a1710n. it was working ok, then the dvd rom quit...then my external dvdrw quit. would reboot, then one would work, but not the other. then when i would put in a usb jump drive in one of the ports, the whole dam machine would freeze. well, i got the restore disk and now i'm back to normal....whatever normal is

Sushi

Exclamation

Ive got a d4896.se:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...dlc=en&lang=en

And made the same "mistake" and removed Vista(since its 2 years before completion imho, and i like my FPS the way they are supposed to be). To remove the questionmarks in the device manager, i did the following.

Physically removed the wireless inet card. Installed the Nforce drivers(Nforce 430 in my case, this got the network card to work). Hit a major bump with the sound card( havent got this to work properly yet, or i dont know wheter the soundcard effect are in work), apparantly i have a X-FI(equivalent ti Xtreme music). So i used the following drivers:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...tem=wk-46838-1

And didnt make the installation install the drivers. RMB clicked the multimedia device and chose update drivers(in the device manager,ie manually). This made the soundcard work. The 8800GTS works like a charm with Nvidias drivers(i think).

Sushi

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SavDWhales
    This same mobo is used in the HP Pavillion a1630n... here are the drivers I found:

***There is one device that is listed as Unknown.***

the details of the device are:

ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0

This is the "Away Mode" which is ONLY AVAILABLE IN WindowsXP MEDIA CENTER EDITION 2005!!!
    Thus... it will ALWAYS be unknown unless that OS is installed- ignore this device!

Even if you install Windows XP Media Center 2005 it will still show up in Device Manager as an unknown. The MCE'05 install did not install this device when using OEM MCE'05 discs on a HP Pavilion a1630n. Highly annoying.

I managed after some time to find the driver to this. Extract this to desktop and "update" the driver for the unknown device.

www.amigarevolution.com/away.rar

Or, if you stumble on this post years later and it's gone from that site, google for the 2 files called:

amdaway.inf
    amdaway.cat

Maybe it'll work on non-media center installs too?

Keywords for searches, just ignore this bit: AWY0001 DRIVER ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0 HP Pavilion a1630n

Sushi

Upgrade Problems with HP a1630n to Windows XP x64 Edition

Good morning. I recently upgraded my HP Pavilion to Windows XP x64 and after a bit of work got almost everything to work. The basic problem is that the sound on an Altec Lansing pair of speakers with a woofer sounds completely "tin" sound. I have adjusted the type of speakers in Control Panel to every type and still sounds strange. Any ideas??

It uses the Realtek HD Audio driver.

Sushi

Thanks to all, Found all Drivers but one

I have tried looking everywhere for this driver, but can't find it I downgraded from a VISTA to an XP Pro SP2 and just need this last driver, it is a "video controller (VGA Compatible)" specified like that in device manager, I would really appreciated it any one could help me out, Thanks a lot and great job.

Computer is a HP Pavilion a6130n Thanks in advance.

Sushi
    i put windows xp professional on my pavilion a1630n desktop and i cant find the drvers 4 can someone help me out plz

Sushi

join the club - problems with drivers for win2k

As pretty much everybody here - I have a wonderful HP Pavillion (forget which one, but with the same ASUS A8M2N-LA motherboard), which came with wonderful (and already deleted) MS Vista on it.
    I am trying to install win2k on the machine, and solved all problems except one: I do not have a USB Controller driver.
    This issue could probably be bypassed by installing an extra USB card onto the computer, but it would be such a shame to waste all those numerous USB slots and a multicard reader.
    Can anybody help with USB drivers?
    If anybody is interested I could post links and filenames for all other drivers; it's only 3 files - nForce 430 mobo chipset driver package, GeForce graphic drivers, and Realtek Audio HD driver. On my machine everything else is working fine.

Sushi

In need of XP 64 drivers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rsandfer
    Good morning. I recently upgraded my HP Pavilion to Windows XP x64 and after a bit of work got almost everything to work. The basic problem is that the sound on an Altec Lansing pair of speakers with a woofer sounds completely "tin" sound. I have adjusted the type of speakers in Control Panel to every type and still sounds strange. Any ideas??

It uses the Realtek HD Audio driver.

I'm trying to get all the drivers for my HP A1730N with XP 64 also.
    I'm not having much luck. Can't find a NIC driver and it doesn't seem
    to be detecting my Motu 828MKII firewire interface.

Any help with drivers would be most appreciated.

Sushi
    rwyatt, you should be able to use the drivers here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_....26_11.09.html

to get your nic to work. after that i hope you can use windows update or something else to get your motu to work. or you can go to realtek.com and download the files here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...tDown=false#AC

and here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs

hope this helps. let me know if it did. i hope the realtek downloads work for you, rsandfer, too

Sushi

Talking Sound driver!

Here is a link to the audio driver that works on a A8M2N-LA MOTHERBOARD.
    works perfect on xp pro!

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp32501-33000/sp32646.exe

Downloaded from :
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...os=228&lang=en

The rest of the drivers can be found here:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3245050
    all these worked perfect except the audio which link#1 fixed!

Sushi
    Hate to bring this up again but I need a little help that I have not been able to find in this forum or anywhere on the net regarding downgrading this mobo (Asus A8M2N-LA) from Vista to XP. Like many, after downgrading I was unable to connect to the net. When I found this post, I thought I was set. I installed the chipset drivers, and most of my ! in Device Manager went away, except for sound devices, which I think I can fix later. However, I still can't connect to the net. According to Device Manager, my NIC is "working." But the NIC listed says "nVidia NIC" or something like that. It is my understanding the NIC for this mobo is called Marvel, although I think I also read that it should be a Realtek. Could someone who has installed XP on this mobo (used in a Pavilion a1710n) and has it working please tell me what is listed for their NIC card in Device Manager? Please also let me know what drivers you used. I have tested my ethernet chord and have plugged directly into my cable modem, so I know there is no problem with routers or hubs. And I have shutdown 1394 stuff in the BIOS so that doesn't keep installing as a non-existent "1394 ethenet" device. Should I unistall the chipset drivers and start over? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much

Sushi
    forgot to mention. I have WinXP Sp3 installed from disks. See above.