Dohh how do I reset my PS2 to factory default?

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dohh how do I reset my PS2 to factory default?

Dohh how do I reset my PS2 to factory default?

I got one of those older ps2 got it around 2002.

today I was messing with the system configuration on it and.

and under somewhere of output I accidently switched it from "ybcyrb"(component) to "RGB"

and now my tv shows a blank my ps2 is connected via component . I don't not have the original composite cables

how do I reset it back?
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

Okay I'm going to guide you through this the best way I know how - by having you change it back while blind.

Turn on the system with nothing in the tray so it will load into the dashboard. Press DOWN and then X. Hit DOWN, DOWN, DOWN then X then LEFT then X again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie
    Okay I'm going to guide you through this the best way I know how - by having you change it back while blind.

Turn on the system with nothing in the tray so it will load into the dashboard. Press DOWN and then X. Hit DOWN, DOWN, DOWN then X then LEFT then X again.

it worked!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I thought I was going to have to craw into my basement dirty storage hole to pull out the box and attempt to find the original composite cables.

what the hell is RGB usef for?
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

RGB is VGA iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie
    RGB is VGA iirc.
    that's what I figured but I don't think there's a VGA box thing for the PS2

Can someone confirm this?
    "you know the world is going to Hell when your last "honorable" enemies were the Nazis"

I tried googling but can't really find a specific VGA cable for the PS2 but rather a vga converter box that works for multiple console. (so I guess in that case it's ps2 composite/component to the box thingy and then vga.. but it's still composite/component comming out of the PS2's butt instead of true VGA)

I also found this.
    http://www.superufo.com/pp/news_content.asp?news_id=131

looks interesting u seem to boot your system with this and it gets your PS2 to render in HDTV resolution or something..

anyone heard of it before?

UR not supposed to!
    According to the popular opinion on this forum Sony is For Teh Lose and best thing U can do is throw away UR PS2 and buy xbox 360 If you already have xbox 360 then simply ditch PS2, so U don't support Sony.
    Last edited by Zvi; 12-15-2006 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvi
    UR not supposed to!
    According to the popular opinion on this forum Sony is For Teh Lose and best thing U can do is throw away UR PS2 and buy xbox 360 If you already have xbox 360 then simply ditch PS2, so U don't support Sony.
    IMHO answer to your post.
    http://sharkyforums.com/showthread.p...11#post2382711

Senor Sausage
    UR not supposed to!
    Its popular opinion that the PS3 is just not worth the money or effort right now. Please get your facts right, the big picture is provided by many, not by a few.

The Playstation 2 is often heralded as the best last gen console here and is a recommended buy due to its fantastic library. We frown on giving support to Sony out of blind ignorance. If there is any reason for there being so much negative feedback on the company's actions. It's their fault. We buy the Xbox 360 for its titles are excellent as when compared to the competition.

Speaking for the entire forum like that is rude and insulting. If you would like to have a cavalier attitude, please attempt to do it in a frank manner. Not one that attempts to dislodge the quality of the technical support given here. Please do not say you are only joking, for you are disrespecting the threadstarter by doing so. That joke was neither in good taste nor fun but of ignorance. Further assuming that the Xbox 360 was compared to the PS2 leaves you further in the dust.
    Last edited by Transfurzz; 12-16-2006 at 09:00 AM.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Weistber

Gaming Rig Status: Up
    | i5-2500 | MSI GTX560 | 2x2GB Corsair ValueRam

Games I'm playing: Witcher 2 (PC), RAGE(PC), Fallout: New Vegas (PC), Gears Of War 3 (X360)

[QUOTE=Kamakazie]Okay I'm going to guide you through this the best way I know how - by having you change it back while blind.

Turn on the system with nothing in the tray so it will load into the dashboard. Press DOWN and then X. Hit DOWN, DOWN, DOWN then X then LEFT then X again.[/QUOTE

awesome, they stole the code for Contra to be used to reset the playstation LOL
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by Transfurzz
    Its popular opinion that the PS3 is just not worth the money or effort right now. Please get your facts right, the big picture is provided by many, not by a few.
    a) As for PS3, IMHO it's a very good value for Blu-Ray player.
    b) What facts? I was being sarastic about large number of threads trashing PS3 and Sony in general, because it is Sony regardless of equipment quality and technical specs.

Speaking for the entire forum like that is rude and insulting.
    I was not speaking of "entire forum".

Please do not say you are only joking, for you are disrespecting the threadstarter by doing so.
    Actually I was pretty sure thread starter would understand that I was joking in reference to those threads. I ma pretty sure he read an was participating in some of them. I am not saying he ws bashing BTW, I wouldn't be writing that here in that case.

Senor Sausage
    Lets say someone came in and asked you a question.

A serious one.

Then you respond in the most off-the-wall fashion with a relatively off-topic answer. Go on to advise him in a non-serious manner on how to best deal with his problem, in the most illogical manner possible.

You still consider yourself being polite then ?

When someone asks you a question, you don't kid about an off-topic remark. Something that is not at all related to the subject mentioned. For you to pretty much ask understanding from the threadstarter is already overstaying your welcome.

I merely pointed out you were not being polite. And yes, you gathered information and then gave your views on the forum's general opinion. Then proceed to draw an unfounded conclusion. In all aspects, you spoke for the forum as a correspondent. Which pretty much ended in this rather ungraceful sentence. Yeah, no full stops.

UR not supposed to!
    With all due respect, you are as much at fault as those here who you consider, give Sony an "overtly" bad rapsheet as of now. You came in, spammed, left, then came in again to defend your unfounded actions.

Bluray ? Please. The general opinion standing here is that the PS3 is not worth the money due to its library of games. Then here you come in with your own opinion. Fine, its your opinion, you have every right and obligation to use it. But that doesn't mean you can use it to judge others. You even brought another factor into the fray to backup an opinion I never asked for.

As far as Im concerned, that sentence had the IQ of a pea pod.

I state what happened, you assume somemore. A joke is a joke, except when its not needed.
    Last edited by Transfurzz; 12-18-2006 at 06:25 AM.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Weistber

Gaming Rig Status: Up
    | i5-2500 | MSI GTX560 | 2x2GB Corsair ValueRam

Games I'm playing: Witcher 2 (PC), RAGE(PC), Fallout: New Vegas (PC), Gears Of War 3 (X360)

Go on to advise him in a non-serious manner on how to best deal with his problem, in the most illogical manner possible.
    Are you serious? So, you're suggesting throwing away PS2 was something he would consider?

You still consider yourself being polite then?
    Yes, then and now. How about your postings, do you still consider them appropriate and polite?

When someone asks you a question, you don't kid about an off-topic remark.
    U kid on what U choose. I do the same. So, please... I didn't see a sticky saying "jokes only about thread topics".

For you to pretty much ask understanding from the threadstarter is already overstaying your welcome.
    I assumed he understood what the joke was about. And I still don't see any crime in that.

You came in, spammed, left, then came in again to defend your unfounded actions.
    I made a joke, then I didn't post because I didn't really have input on the subj. According to you that's wrong, I disagree. I replied to your posts trying to explain why I posted, I figured you misunderstood for "malice". Then you reply with more of the same stuff.

You even brought another factor into the fray to backup an opinion I never asked for.
    I never asked for you to post, and never asked for your lectures either. As far as I am concerned there was no "fray" per-se, but for some reason you try to stir this thing up.

As far as Im concerned, that sentence had the IQ of a pea pod.
    As far as I am concerned, joke is still better then taking moralist stance and telling people when to post and what to post. Let alone the questionable politeness of your last post.

I state what happened, you assume somemore. A joke is a joke, except when its not needed.
    And who decides when it is not needed? Apparently you assume it is you, even though you were not involved.
    With all due respect it is you who assumes too much in this situation.

To summarize, I don't really have nothing to say or debate with you. If rimmerchant was offended by my post I have no problems apologizing to him, but I am sure he will say so if that was a case.
    I seriously doubt your posts served any positive purpose in this thread, ok, my joke was unnecessary, what you managed is to add 4 more rather inflammatory ones.
    Last edited by Zvi; 12-18-2006 at 01:46 PM.

I was wondering why this thread was still going. I don't think there's anything offensive about what Zvi said except for his spelling and grammar.

It's not like he came in and insulted somebody's mother and ethnicity. It was just a bad joke. Get over it.

And don't say you're "speaking for the entire forum" when you aren't.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker