Comodo firewall vs Sygate firewall

Sharky Forums

Thread: Comodo firewall vs Sygate firewall

Question Comodo firewall vs Sygate firewall

which is better?

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

Ive been using sygate firewall pro for ages but there aint been no updates for like months and months. I was wondering if I should switch to Comodo cos its free and you get lifetime support and it looks good.

Does anyone still use sygate?

Update in basic Firewall is meaningless unless the application has bugs.

There are No basic conceptual changes in the Firewall aspects per-se.

However if you are Not happy any more with sygate, it is very simple to switch.

CAT5e
    Microsoft, MVP - Networking

I was using it for quite some time, and I decided to try out Comodo for a little while. Comodo supposedly has more security features built in, and can detect more kinds of suspicious behavior (for instance, if one program tells another program to contact the internet for it). I also like Comodo's UI a lot more than Sygate - it's easier to use and just makes more sense all around.

One thing with Comodo though - you have to make sure you set the "Notification Level" to the lowest setting, or you'll get spammed with tons of permission requests every time you run a new online program.
    Intel Q6600 @ 334x9 [] Giga-Byte P35-DS3R [] 6GB GSkill DDR2-800 4-4-5 [] Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB [] Seagate 7200.8 250GB + WD 320GB x3 in RAID 5 [] Pioneer slot-load 16x DVD [] Lite-On 32x12x40x CDRW [] Onboard Sound -> Altec Lansing 641 speakers [] ESI Juli@ -> Practical Devices XM4 -> AudioTechnica A900 headphones [] Mitsubishi 200NF 22" Diamondtron CRT [] Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit

Foobar 2000 is better than your current music player/library!

To be honest, I find the Windows XP SP2 firewall to be very good considering that it's free.
    +++ F.O.R.U.M. I.L.L.U.M.I.N.A.T.I. +++
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvi
    How come you always choose the wrong side, first HD DVD, now Russians.

The Comodo firewall is also free for personal use, so that's a moot point. It definitely far outclasses the basic windows firewall in functionality and features as well.
    Intel Q6600 @ 334x9 [] Giga-Byte P35-DS3R [] 6GB GSkill DDR2-800 4-4-5 [] Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB [] Seagate 7200.8 250GB + WD 320GB x3 in RAID 5 [] Pioneer slot-load 16x DVD [] Lite-On 32x12x40x CDRW [] Onboard Sound -> Altec Lansing 641 speakers [] ESI Juli@ -> Practical Devices XM4 -> AudioTechnica A900 headphones [] Mitsubishi 200NF 22" Diamondtron CRT [] Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit

Foobar 2000 is better than your current music player/library!