Are there any software allow to format cd frist

Sharky Forums

Thread: Are there any software allow to format cd frist

Are there any software allow to format cd frist

A software that will allows you to format a CD first before writing to it.

Meaning, I go to my computer and right click on a cdrw drive and select format then I will be able to copy files to it later than closed it.
    Make it Simple

My right click has an "erase" option....
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

What software allows that option?
    Make it Simple

If they're CD-RW (-rewritable) discs, you can erase them or reformat them.

As for regular CD-R discs, which aren't rewritable, there are a few ways you can add files to discs that have already been written:

One is to write multisession discs, which most burner software can do. Write some files as a session and when you're done, close just that session instead of the entire disc. When you have data to add, write a new session. Windows and just about any modern OS can read multisession discs.

Another is to use packet writing software. To the user, this is more of a drag-n-drop approach, like copying files to a USB key. You need to have packet writing software installed like Ahead InCD or Roxio DirectCD. Instead of the traditional CDFS, packet-written CD's will be in UDF format, which isn't quite as universal, so you could potentially run into problems on occasion reading the CD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon94
    What software allows that option?
    I guess Roxio put the option there..
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones
    I guess Roxio put the option there..
    You are refering to "packet writing" software. it treats cdr/cdrw like a diskette.

I personally would not use them. supposely it it not as compatiable as standard writing. but my fears stemmed back from 1997ish when I had a POS philips 2x CDR drive.
    and the finalized disc would not be readable by alot of drives

I'm sure the technology improved and there's miminal of problem but still. I just do a single session write to be on the safe side. CDRs are like $0.15 now as oppose to $10 from 1996/97
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate