Cheap case, help Please

Sharky Forums

Thread: Cheap case, help Please

Cheap case, help Please

OK guys here is the scoop......I thought I had a bad power supply then a bad Motherboard.......had them both RMA'ed...put them back into the rig and guess what...NOTTA...I get the little green light on the bottom of the motherboard (system is in sig) but nothing happens, no fans or beeps...Nothing. Now I got a little stupid and took the case switch apart and here is my question...........Can I put the wires that go to the switch together(jump them) and see if that will let the puter start? or do not do that? And if I can do that to start it what happens if that does not work? Its a cheap case that worked fine for a year and the rig has been ROCK solid for tht entire time...HELP ME I AM LOST WITHOUT MY TOY!!!!!!
    Asrock z68 extreme 4/ I5-2500k/ 8gig ddr3 1600/ GTX 670. All in a HAF 932 ASUS 24" monitor

Mako Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by ronopp007
    OK guys here is the scoop......I thought I had a bad power supply then a bad Motherboard.......had them both RMA'ed...put them back into the rig and guess what...NOTTA...I get the little green light on the bottom of the motherboard (system is in sig) but nothing happens, no fans or beeps...Nothing. Now I got a little stupid and took the case switch apart and here is my question...........Can I put the wires that go to the switch together(jump them) and see if that will let the puter start? or do not do that? And if I can do that to start it what happens if that does not work? Its a cheap case that worked fine for a year and the rig has been ROCK solid for tht entire time...HELP ME I AM LOST WITHOUT MY TOY!!!!!!
    On an ATX power suppy/case you only need to momentarily connect the power on pins, unlike the old AT where you could just throw a jumper across them. So just briefly touch the two power switch wires or short the two motherboard pins briefly with a small metal object. I actually had a case wire once that got pinched and cut the connection.

what realbeast said. i use a screwdriver to touch the two pwr terminals from the mobo together to start a computer when it's outside of the case.

Q6600 "G0" @ 3.6ghz (400x9) - tuniq tower - IP35 Pro - 4x1gb ballistix ddr800 - Thermaltake W0128RU 650w - 2x74gb raptors raid-0 (OS drive)
    heat ebay