Any good Mechwarrior-type games for PC/360?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Any good Mechwarrior-type games for PC/360?

Any good Mechwarrior-type games for PC/360?

I am a huge fan of Mechwarrior games on the PC...actually I got started with Mechwarrior on Super Nintendo. Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries was the last one I played...it was awesome and one of the few single player games I actually finished.

Anything similar out right now on the PC or Xbox 360?
    I7 920 (C0)@3.2ghz
    Asus P6T
    SLI MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II GE unlocked to GTX470
    6GB Ram
    Intel SSD
    Raptor-150GB
    Vista 64

Sharky Extreme 3DMark Team

Engineer credit to *****! flutie98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslash
    I am a huge fan of Mechwarrior games on the PC...actually I got started with Mechwarrior on Super Nintendo. Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries was the last one I played...it was awesome and one of the few single player games I actually finished.

Anything similar out right now on the PC or Xbox 360?
    the days of good mechwar games such as mercs is over...
    |Core i5 2500K @ 4.6GHz|MSI Z77-GD65|8.0GB G.skill DDR3 1600|XFX AMD 6870|
    |Samsung 830 SSD|HP LP2465 24" LCD|Antec P280|Seasonic X750 PSU|H2O Cooling|Windows 7 x64|

|Core i3 2100|ASRock H61-GM|8.0GB DDR3|AMD Radeon 6450|Kingston V100+ SSD|
    |Antec Fusion V2|Epson 8350 1080P 3LCD on 100" EliteScreen|

|ThinkPad T420|Core i5 2520M|8.0GB DDR3|OCZ Vertex 4|

Audio: Radeon 6450 (HDMI)->Onkyo TX-NR509 ->Polk M60/M30/CSII + Velodyne VX10

Armored Core 4 maybe...? I dunno I never played it. I saw it had robots in it though, so you should definitely buy it based off of my awesome half sentence review.

Senor Sausage
    Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole17
    Armored Core 4 maybe...? I dunno I never played it. I saw it had robots in it though, so you should definitely buy it based off of my awesome half sentence review.
    It's a great game. But it doesn't have as much cojones as Mechwarrior. It doesn't give the feeling you have strapped yourself into a 75 ton piece of metal with a bad attitude, bristling with widowmakers and the sort.

I would declare it a MASSIVE fail as a replacement for Mechwarrior. It has more in common with Ace Combat.

I do own the game, I played quite a bit and enjoyed it for a while. I quickly discovered it wasn't the game for me and I can't read Japanese. The Asian version is only available in japanese.

You could however try Mechassault and Mechassault 2 ? Chromehounds is definitely worth a try.

Chromehounds review:
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...summary;review

Mechassault review:
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/...summary;review

Mechassault 2 review:
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/...summary;review

Edit: Mechassault 1 is not supported on the Xbox 360 unfortunately. They have yet to include it in their BC updates.
    Last edited by Transfurzz; 08-22-2007 at 03:10 PM.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Weistber

Gaming Rig Status: Up
    | i5-2500 | MSI GTX560 | 2x2GB Corsair ValueRam

Games I'm playing: Witcher 2 (PC), RAGE(PC), Fallout: New Vegas (PC), Gears Of War 3 (X360)

hey thanks! I might just go pick up Chromehounds...I was at a Gamestop earlier and saw it for $20 for the 360...
    I7 920 (C0)@3.2ghz
    Asus P6T
    SLI MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II GE unlocked to GTX470
    6GB Ram
    Intel SSD
    Raptor-150GB
    Vista 64

I don't know how much of a Mech "sim" you're looking for, but I thought Lost Planet was a pretty good game for 360. You don't spend the entire time in a Mech, but a good majority of it you are.

It would be worth a rent I would think, since it is kind of a Mech type game , either way its a pretty solid game for the 360 and I'm glad I played through it.
    i5-750 @ 3.15Ghz w/ Cooler Master Hyper 212+||Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3||4x2GB Corsair XMS3||Gigabyte HD 5850||Corsair 650HX PSU||Dell 2405||Win7 HP

Jexx11 on Xbox360 & Steam
    gar on Xfire
    Currently Playing: 360: CoD MW 2, PC: WoW, Borderlands, Call of Duty: Black Ops

Love me some Chromehounds. Although, I'm one of the few.
    For a good time add SenorDestro to your 360 and Steam friend list. PSN: PoopRiot

Chromehounds is pretty good...probably the closest youll find to the classic feel.

Its not a very fitting tribute though.

As bad as the storyline was I liked Phantom Crash. The basic storyline was tournament style mech matches, televised and money was awarded. You bought parts and modified your mech how you wanted it. It was really customizable. It was for Xbox, and I doubt it has 360 support yet, but thought it might set you on the right track.

The wiki doesn't seem overly informative, but thought I'd link it anyway:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Crash
    Current Computer (always a work in progress):
    Cooler Master HAF 922 Case / Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt / i5-2500K / GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 /PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 / eVGA GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024 MB / ARCTIC COOLING ACALP11-GT-R2 / Frozen CPU Prolimatech PK-1 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound / Crucial 128 GB m4 SSD / 1 TB Seagate / 1 TB WD Blue / Samsung SyncMaster 2494 LCD / Samsung SyncMaster 204b LCD

Website for Dad:
    www.KeepTheSpiritKilleen.com

Senor Sausage
    Quote Originally Posted by Isezumi
    Chromehounds is pretty good...probably the closest youll find to the classic feel.

Its not a very fitting tribute though.
    Definitely.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Weistber

Gaming Rig Status: Up
    | i5-2500 | MSI GTX560 | 2x2GB Corsair ValueRam

Games I'm playing: Witcher 2 (PC), RAGE(PC), Fallout: New Vegas (PC), Gears Of War 3 (X360)

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    I don't know how much of a Mech "sim" you're looking for, but I thought Lost Planet was a pretty good game for 360. You don't spend the entire time in a Mech, but a good majority of it you are.

It would be worth a rent I would think, since it is kind of a Mech type game , either way its a pretty solid game for the 360 and I'm glad I played through it.
    Hmm I forgot about that game. I think I will rent it and see if its worth the buy... and I have never heard of Chromehounds. I'll look into that one. I really need to expand my 360 library.