Remove item from windows update list in vista?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Remove item from windows update list in vista?

Question Remove item from windows update list in vista?

I have had compatability issues with the wireless adapter that came with my motherboard (see sig) and vista so when the problem remained after reformatting I used a new USB adapter that we had in the house. This is now working fine; however, windows update continues to find (and fails to install) a 'recommended' update for my old wireless adapter.

I searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base for the error code (80070436) but there was nothing there.

Every time I shut down this update tries to install itself and fails even though I set it to ask me before installing new updates. Is there a way for me to manually remove this update from the list so that it doesn't try and update hardware that is no longer used?
    Mal

Intel Core 2 E6600 @ 3.0ghz| Asus P5W DH Deluxe | Sapphire Radeon x1900xtx | 2GB Corsair XMS2 | 150gb WD Raptor | 2 x 320gb Seagate | X-Fi XtremeMusic | Enermax Liberty DXX 620W CrossFire | Antec P180 | Samsung SyncMaster 940BF 2ms 19" LCD & HannsG HW191D 19" Widescreen LCD

If you manualy go to the win update site you can hide it..
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

When I load the windows update site I just get told:

Use your Start menu to check for updates

Windows Update is now included in Control Panel. In the future, to check for updates (or if this webpage doesn’t open Windows Update automatically):

Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
    I can't see anywhere to get to the online site
    Mal

Intel Core 2 E6600 @ 3.0ghz| Asus P5W DH Deluxe | Sapphire Radeon x1900xtx | 2GB Corsair XMS2 | 150gb WD Raptor | 2 x 320gb Seagate | X-Fi XtremeMusic | Enermax Liberty DXX 620W CrossFire | Antec P180 | Samsung SyncMaster 940BF 2ms 19" LCD & HannsG HW191D 19" Widescreen LCD

Ooops....

If it shows up in the Vista update box, right click on it and select Hide.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Haha thanks! That one works
    Mal