EPS v12+ PSU

Sharky Forums

Thread: EPS v12+ PSU

Expensive Sushi

EPS v12+ PSU

Hi guys

A quick question(s).

I have searched the net for the last two days and couldn't find any thing about converting a Ges PSU cable(s) to a EPS 12+...

Nevermind find a diagram.

1.Is even possible.?
    2.Is it not possible to strip an old 4pin CPU P2 cable and wire it correctly via a diagram and plug it in with the standard P2 Cable.

Mako Shark
    You just need a simple adapter from a Molex to ATX12v 4 pin, that would look like this and is available most anywhere. Since it is an old PSU make sure that it puts out enough amps on the 12V rail to run a modern build.

edit: And yes, you can use home-made cable or adapter, but if you don't do it often you might want to just buy one.
    Last edited by RealBeast; 01-20-2008 at 05:05 PM.

Expensive Sushi

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RealBeast
    You just need a simple adapter from a Molex to ATX12v 4 pin, that would look like this and is available most anywhere. Since it is an old PSU make sure that it puts out enough amps on the 12V rail to run a modern build.

edit: And yes, you can use home-made cable or adapter, but if you don't do it often you might want to just buy one.
    yeah thanks dude got it sorted I got a shop selling them not the cheapest but the only one with stock.

No I didn't want to use the old PSU wanted to strip old PSU and use that 4Pin.I soon found out that cable would not fit as the last 4 pins differ from the others....

Not to worried about using the 8pin adapter as my new PSU is a Ver2.01 so according to the info I got is that ver2.01 has to use a 12v rail only for the P2 cable...