Game Of The Month Club! - Page 3

Sharky Forums

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Of The Month Club!

so basically it will DL all the games I added to my account automatically on my new systems? I thought it was just some BS programs valve used to authenticate it's games
    Antec 900
    Ultra LSP 650W
    ASUS Striker Extreme
    Q6600 G0 Step
    Vista H. Prem. -64bit
    EVGA 512MB 8800GTS OC (G92)
    Creative Titanium X-fi Pro
    OCZ 1GB x 2
    Corsair XMS2 2GB x 2

500GB Seagate 7200.11 HDD
    20X Samsung SATA DVD (x2)

MS Natural 4000 ergo
    MS Sidewinder Mouse
    Saitek Cyborg gamepad
    Ideazon Fang controller
    Headphones- Sennheiser PC 350s

Zerotherm NV120 Premium
    Fans 120mm(x5) + 200mm(x1)

Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins,LOTS of Rockband PS3!!, PSXE

Great White Shark
    You got it.

I haven't had to reinstall HL, HL2, or any of the expansions (Counterstrike, Day of Defeat, etc.) since I've got them all in Steam.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by bimbim18
    so basically it will DL all the games I added to my account automatically on my new systems? I thought it was just some BS programs valve used to authenticate it's games
    Thats right, and that is why we all want desperately to be able to add games we have purchased at retail so we no longer need to keep track of the discs. It also keeps everything updated.

man, all this time and such a great utility unused, this helps a lot, I have a whole armoir of PC games and only 26 installed in my new computer, now that I know this I can add em all and put em in storage

I also have 6 computers in my house (2 more coming soon) can I login my steam account and play from all of the computers in my house (well, theoretically, only 2 are capable of running all the games lol)
    Antec 900
    Ultra LSP 650W
    ASUS Striker Extreme
    Q6600 G0 Step
    Vista H. Prem. -64bit
    EVGA 512MB 8800GTS OC (G92)
    Creative Titanium X-fi Pro
    OCZ 1GB x 2
    Corsair XMS2 2GB x 2

500GB Seagate 7200.11 HDD
    20X Samsung SATA DVD (x2)

MS Natural 4000 ergo
    MS Sidewinder Mouse
    Saitek Cyborg gamepad
    Ideazon Fang controller
    Headphones- Sennheiser PC 350s

Zerotherm NV120 Premium
    Fans 120mm(x5) + 200mm(x1)

Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins,LOTS of Rockband PS3!!, PSXE

Great White Shark
    Well yes and no. Not every game can be added to Steam. Only about 2-300 different games can either be added via steam or registered (using the CD Key) after the fact on Steam.

For games that can't be directly registered/downloaded, you can still "Add" them to Steam. (You can basically shortcut to every game so that you can still launch it from within steam, but you don't get updates, patches, etc.)

For example: Titan Quest. I picked it up for $5 at Circuit City. Even though it is possible to purchase the game directly through Steam, it is not possible to register it after the fact and take advantage of what Steam offers (patches, no-CD, etc.).
    Last edited by James; 05-14-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Aye, which is why we are saying it would be awesome if you could do this. My Trackmania United for example, I bought online when it first went up directly from Nadeo's site and now I have run out of allowed installs... if I ever need to install again I need to contact them and have to go through that nonsense; if I could add the game to Steam then I wouldn't have to worry about that. Hell, I wouldn't even need to worry about reinstalling at that point, everything in that folder is self-contained.

Sleeps with the Fishes

Thumbs up

I love them.

Mr Zurkon is here to kill PointlesS's Avatar
    sorry to continue derailing the thread but there was an interview where valve said they know people want to add non-steam games to steam...I know it's not much but maybe they're trying to work on that...

the problem I guess for them would be the fact that how would they determine pirated copies from legit copies? I don't know if there's a database of keys kept when copies of a game are being manufactured so maybe they can compare it to that database or something...though it may not matter since the game is already cracked and all they're doing is registering it for updates and so on...

I don't know really...I'm sure there's legal hurdles too along with technological hurdles...like if it were to happen then I bet the increased load on content servers would kill all available bandwidth...but still it'd be awesome to see
    Lian Li PC-K7B | Intel i5 750 | 4GB A-Data 1600 | Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R | XFX Radeon 5850 | 2-640GB WD Caviar Blue | X-fi Xtrememusic | Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra | Dell U2311H | Antec Basiq Plus 550W | NEC 3550A | Win7 Ultimate x64
    and a whole lot of lovin..

Quote Originally Posted by PointlesS
    I don't know if there's a database of keys kept when copies of a game are being manufactured so maybe they can compare it to that database or something...though it may not matter since the game is already cracked and all they're doing is registering it for updates and so on...
    Well, since you cannot play pirated games online due to cd key checks, I imagine there is something in place to check the true validity of keys.

is there going to be a new gotm soon? Hoping for somthing epic!
    Desktops:
    Denmark
    Opty 165 @ 2.7 stock volts (CCBBE), 2GB G.Skill HZ Extreme, eVGA 9800GTX, Antec P180B

Venice
    3000+ Venice, 1GB G.Skill Value, eVGA 7900GTO, Aspire X-Dreamer II

Portables:
    Hottness
    Macbook Pro, 2.4Ghz C2D, 2GB DDR3, 250GB, 9600GT
    Atom
    Aspire One, 1.6Ghz Atom, 120GB, XP

teh podzorz
    2g iPod Touch 8GB, Skullcandy INK'D

Hopefully Soon: DIY CMOY amp, decent phones!
    Now Playing: WoW, Plants vs Zombies, GTA IV TLAD (360)

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    whoa...I didn't think people were really into them so I stopped. Did people even like them?
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Wasn't as big as I thought it would be, but some of us were interested.

I wouldn't recommend doing another one until after the holidays, though, too much awesome new stuff being released.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

It hasn't been popular, but the Game of the Month Club is a good idea and I'd like to see it continue.

Mr Zurkon is here to kill PointlesS's Avatar
    it's a good idea during the summer and stuff when nothing is being released...but no one would want to play a 5 year old game during this stretch of games
    Lian Li PC-K7B | Intel i5 750 | 4GB A-Data 1600 | Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R | XFX Radeon 5850 | 2-640GB WD Caviar Blue | X-fi Xtrememusic | Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra | Dell U2311H | Antec Basiq Plus 550W | NEC 3550A | Win7 Ultimate x64
    and a whole lot of lovin..

As long as it gets going again sometime in the future, you can count me in. I just have to finish Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, and Merc 2 first
    Desktops:
    Denmark
    Opty 165 @ 2.7 stock volts (CCBBE), 2GB G.Skill HZ Extreme, eVGA 9800GTX, Antec P180B

Venice
    3000+ Venice, 1GB G.Skill Value, eVGA 7900GTO, Aspire X-Dreamer II

Portables:
    Hottness
    Macbook Pro, 2.4Ghz C2D, 2GB DDR3, 250GB, 9600GT
    Atom
    Aspire One, 1.6Ghz Atom, 120GB, XP

teh podzorz
    2g iPod Touch 8GB, Skullcandy INK'D

Hopefully Soon: DIY CMOY amp, decent phones!
    Now Playing: WoW, Plants vs Zombies, GTA IV TLAD (360)