Baldurs Gate 2 lan game.

Sharky Forums

Thread: Baldurs Gate 2 lan game.

Expensive Sushi

Baldurs Gate 2 lan game.

Hello all. I may not have read the right post for the answer, but dont think I can find an answer for my problem. The problem is that I want to play baldurs gate 2 Throne of bhaal over lan. The old computer is no problem since I can create a lan game on that no worries. The problem is my new computer with Windows Virus... erhm.. I mean Vista installed I can play the game in single player no worries, but when I try to create or join a lan game, it tries it seems, but never get past the black screen. Then I have to ctrl+alt+del out, and close it. Windows says the program is not responding everytime. I know the computers work over lan together, have played old school Empire Earth over lan. Please don't get too techical on me, I'm the exact opposite of a nerd, I know **** about computers Can turn them on and off, and play games.

Cheers, and thanks.

P.S. A big shoulderpad is rewarded for whoever get it to work for me
    Last edited by KellyFamily; 04-20-2008 at 03:54 PM.

You may have to run the game in compatibility mode. Right click on the game's icon, select properties. You should see a tab called "Compatibility". Click on that. Click the first check box, and then select Windows 98 from the list. If windows 98 doesn't work, you could try the other ones as well.

If that doesn't work, I'd turn off compatibility mode altogether and try this:
    Open up the game in a window (not full screen), and then try to set up the game and start playing. Once it's in the game and every thing's good, go back to full screen. I found this tip on a web page and many people seemed to suggest that it worked for them, but don't ask me how to run the game in a window, because I have no clue.
    Intel Q6600 @ 334x9 [] Giga-Byte P35-DS3R [] 6GB GSkill DDR2-800 4-4-5 [] Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB [] Seagate 7200.8 250GB + WD 320GB x3 in RAID 5 [] Pioneer slot-load 16x DVD [] Lite-On 32x12x40x CDRW [] Onboard Sound -> Altec Lansing 641 speakers [] ESI Juli@ -> Practical Devices XM4 -> AudioTechnica A900 headphones [] Mitsubishi 200NF 22" Diamondtron CRT [] Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit

Foobar 2000 is better than your current music player/library!

Expensive Sushi

Thank You!!

Woooooot, a big big shoulderpad is hereby rewarded thanks alot m8, the right clicking choosing 98, or something else didn't work, but simply making the game windowed mode when creating the lan game worked like a charm! Thank you so much, mesa happy...

Cool man, glad you got it working! Always feels good when a crazy solution actually works
    Intel Q6600 @ 334x9 [] Giga-Byte P35-DS3R [] 6GB GSkill DDR2-800 4-4-5 [] Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB [] Seagate 7200.8 250GB + WD 320GB x3 in RAID 5 [] Pioneer slot-load 16x DVD [] Lite-On 32x12x40x CDRW [] Onboard Sound -> Altec Lansing 641 speakers [] ESI Juli@ -> Practical Devices XM4 -> AudioTechnica A900 headphones [] Mitsubishi 200NF 22" Diamondtron CRT [] Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit

Foobar 2000 is better than your current music player/library!

Sushi

Thumbs up TNHZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

Thank YOu MNA Your The BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its your fault! that we get to play :P