Need driver for Memorex TravelDrive

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need driver for Memorex TravelDrive

Need driver for Memorex TravelDrive

For Windows 98SE.

I know I've been posting a lot of questions, but this is getting rediculus. I KNOW I had this little travel drive working between my Mac and PC laptop, but when I insert it in the USB port, it says new hardware detected, browse to find driver, bla bla. I just found the packaging and it says: "Compatibility Windows 98SE........" and of course Mac. Well it's not working.

The part number for USA is: 32509060 and I spent two hours looking for it on Memorex.com and I think they discontinued it. I don't understand why it simply just won't work just by plugging it in. Oh, and it says USB 2.0. High speed.Oh, and when I plug it in, it says, "TD Classic 003B" when the wizard starts.

Do YOU?
    Last edited by linsjean; 08-05-2008 at 01:32 AM.
    HP Envy, Windows 10

Yea thats another problem with win98se and below. Its so antiquated that hardware isnt supported natively.

While USB pens and HDD's say they are compatible with all OS's it is only since win2k that they are supported automatically/natively with no driver installation required.

If memorex dont support the product any longer it may work to install a generic driver or another companies driver.
    Compaq A910em: T2330 dual core 1.6Ghz, X3100 384MB GPU, 160GB sata HDD, 2GB RAM
    Gaming rig: Asus Striker II, Coolermaster GX 750w, E4600 @ 2.4Ghz, 2.5GB RAM, Zerotherm FZ 120, 9500GT 1GB
    Server: Mac mini running W23k Server - 1.8Ghz dual-core, 1GB RAM, 1x80GB, 2x500GB externals + LTO1 tape backup

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Try one of these files from the memorex site. Should help hopefully ...

http://www.memorexlive.com/support/d...CID=12&PID=484
    Gaming rig: Asus Striker II, Coolermaster GX 750w, E4600 @ 2.4Ghz, 2.5GB RAM, Zerotherm FZ 120, 9500GT 1GB
    Server: Mac mini running W23k Server - 1.8Ghz dual-core, 1GB RAM, 1x80GB, 2x500GB externals + LTO1 tape backup

I got one to install and it said the drivers are installed. How can I verify that? Do drivers end with .dll? Anyway, it's called USB 2 Thumb Drive. I guess that would be generic for my USB Traveldrive? When I insert, it is not saying it found new hardware anymore. I just can't find the volume icon in My Computer.

Think this download just won't work? Also, I know when I installed my printer driver, it had to go into Settings>Printers>Add printer. Is it something similar with any other kind of driver?
    HP Envy, Windows 10

Expensive Sushi

Traveldrive stuff

PM sent. I have the mini-CD, and you can have it.

Cheers,

Frank
    I'm watching for smoke from my computer most of the time.

I replied, and THANKS!!!
    HP Envy, Windows 10

OMG! linsjean...oldgeek.....can i get a copy of the driver???
    how to reach u? I dont find any "PM" option in personal profiles?
    Kiers.
    Last edited by kiers; 11-29-2008 at 04:18 PM. Reason: want to contact extra person

Quote Originally Posted by kiers View Post

OMG! linsjean...oldgeek.....can i get a copy of the driver???
    how to reach u? I dont find any "PM" option in personal profiles?
    Kiers.
    Sure, I'd be happy to send it to you. I just don't know how to do a PM either! Can someone else here please advise us how to PM another member so Kiers can give me their address?

Thanks!

P.S. Kiers, remember this driver is for Windows 98. (I updated my signature because I now am using a Dell laptop, Windows 2000).
    HP Envy, Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeek View Post
    PM sent. I have the mini-CD, and you can have it.

Cheers,

Frank
    thank you linsjean! yes i need win 98....

regarding the PM-ing...how did oldgeek pm you?
    I thought it workd in the above thread! however I looked on profile (yours mine oldgeeks) and didn't find anything! how to do this?

Sending a PM

Quote Originally Posted by kiers View Post
    thank you linsjean! yes i need win 98....

regarding the PM-ing...how did oldgeek pm you?
    I thought it workd in the above thread! however I looked on profile (yours mine oldgeeks) and didn't find anything! how to do this?
    Hi kiers,

I see that both of us added each other as a "friend". I went to your profile and send you a message, it's more like a conversation message within your profile.

Private messaging is within the CPU (control panel unit). I typed out a PM to you, but it came back with this:

kiers has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her. If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove kiers from the recipient list and send the message again.

See if you can view my message I sent you to in your profile. If not, go to MY profile and see if you can find anything that says Send a message. You need to address it to me, linsjean. We will get there!
    HP Envy, Windows 10

Thanks for your patience. pls bear with me.

wow! I've been all over this site and I cant find anything in a person's profile that allows me to PM them. But I did get your' PM....
    Are you able to get this message? I am in your profile.
    linsjean

Also, I clicked on "quick links" menu above and then "open contacts popup" where u are listed AND THERE one finds the option to "PM" the checked contact....BUT THEN i get the following message:

kiers, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

However my account is obviously active unless there's a statutory delay before one can use sharkyforums for PM-ing someone!

Linsjean, i think u ARE at least able to (oneway) PM me...if u wish u could provide contact info that way or a link to the driver file at some online site...if u like.
    Computers: Solving problem A brings requires solving problem B.... repeat ad infinitum...till u run out of RAM.
    Last edited by kiers; 11-30-2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: providing proof of received PM

kiers, I sent you another msg

Hi,

I don't know what's going on with you not being able to PM anyone. I don't even know how to contact the Adminstrator. Maybe it's in the home page.

Anyway, I sent you another private message with my email address.
    HP Envy, Windows 10

"The monkey's got the coconut"..OVER!

Some new members are restricted on certain priveleges like PM's im afraid kiers, it varies by the overlords decision on policies.

Expensive Sushi
    in win 2k there are also many driver issues, most of the usb devices are not being recognized natively.