Why is Outlook 2007 running out of memory?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Why is Outlook 2007 running out of memory?

Expensive Sushi KnowledgeSeeker's Avatar

I am using a Thinkpad T60P laptop with 2GB of memory and 120GB harddrive. (Harddrive has about 60GB free). I am running WinXP with SP3.

Whenever I attempt to start Outlook I get an error message that pops up that tells me that I am "...out of memory or system resources". I cannot expand my folders, I cannot move folders. I basically cannot do anything or I get an out of memory error.

Outlook is the only application listed as running on the Application tab in the Task Manager.
    I have two .pst files: one is 1,009K and the other is 324,937K which are obviously small-ish .pst files.
    (I am running 3 .pst files on my desktop (that only has 512MB of memory) that are all larger than 1,000,000K and I get no problems at all--although I am using Outlook 2003 on the desktop).

I have run an AV scan and have no virus. I have also run Ad-Aware, Spybot, and MalWareByte's Anti-Malware and have no mal-ware.

Is there a setting in Outlook that I have somehow overlooked? I am running the Business Contact Manager in Outlook but this system should have more than enough memory to handle Outlook running by itself?
    What am I missing. Please help me as I am aggravated byond belief at this point.
    --
    Seeker of Knowledge

Guessing that it does it after a reboot?

Look in ->C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Local Settings\Temp

Having a TON of files in this temp folder has been known to cause out of mem errors.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Expensive Sushi KnowledgeSeeker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Guessing that it does it after a reboot?

Look in ->C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Local Settings\Temp

Having a TON of files in this temp folder has been known to cause out of mem errors.
    I have about a dozen files totally about 4,000K?
    --
    Seeker of Knowledge

MAPI: ShowForm Causes Out-Of-Memory Error From Outlook
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241566/en-us
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."