Far Cry 2 - Page 5

Sharky Forums

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 2

Sleeps with the Fishes
    Quote Originally Posted by rimmerchant View Post
    is just but 8 minutes into the game and I'm stuck.

I'm just left the hotel and like 2 minutes later. I pass out and then I'm in the room with someone in the door.

it prompt me to press "X" (or what ever key I map to for heal) I keep pressing the button and nothingsc happen. and I get stuck in the room.
    That happened to me too. Pretty lame actually. But I woke up in a room with some guys that basically sent me out on a mission. Then it happened a again while I was out in the jungle. I got by it by finding a bed in the first mission (where you kill 3 scouts to unlock a cabin) and sleeping 12 hours. After another mission I have some Diamonds and I guess I'm supposed to go and buy pills for Malaria. that's what's making us pass out.

Reef Shark

Nvidia released beta drivers 180.42.

Recommended for the best experience on Far Cry 2:

“Since we first began working on Far Cry 2 in early 2005, we have used GeForce GPU’s to develop the game and worked closely with NVIDIA’s excellent engineers. While Far Cry 2 represents an outstanding PC gaming experience for a wide range of systems, GeForce users can expect to enjoy the game quite literally ‘The Way It Was Meant To Be Played’.” - Louis-Pierre Pharand, Ubisoft, Far Cry 2 Producer
    i5 / GTX 260 SLI

Sleeps with the Fishes
    This game sort of reminds be of Morrow wind. Very brown and you sleep to heal..

But in Morrow Wind you could get on top on the mountains, in Far Cry 2 you can't. Plus, I can see birds high in the sky but I haven't seen a single thing on the ground or in the brown water.

They took away, leaning and going prone. I don't know how you can believe you're playing a sniping game if you can't go prone.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy part deux View Post
    That happened to me too. Pretty lame actually. But I woke up in a room with some guys that basically sent me out on a mission. Then it happened a again while I was out in the jungle. I got by it by finding a bed in the first mission (where you kill 3 scouts to unlock a cabin) and sleeping 12 hours. After another mission I have some Diamonds and I guess I'm supposed to go and buy pills for Malaria. that's what's making us pass out.
    I'm RIGHT in the BEGINNING OF THE GAME! #$%$#^ this is bull. it's like 3 or 4 minutes after the cutscene in the beginning where you get out of bed and feeling dizzy.

This got to be the most annoying and crappy beginnning to a game I've ever played.

Right after I start to play I either:
    1) get shot to death by the bad guys trying to explore the camp
    2) if I survive the baddies for 4 minutes I pass out from the Aids and goes to this storage room where I'm suppose to "heal myself" but nothing happens when I press the heal button. the only thing in the room is a freaking white pack with a floppy disc symbol on it.. I can't interact with it or anything .. .

how lame.

btw: the latest Nvidia drivers did give a noticeable fps boot to the game.
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

anyone wonder why the installation is so small? the entire game takes just 3.2 gigs intalled. don't u guys think thats kinda small?

most games these days takes like 5+ gigs installed.

maybe it's the lack of high resolution textures or video cut scenes..

game doesn't looks as good as crysis but runs better than crysis
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

Reef Shark
    Ehh how's the performance with the GX2?
    i5 / GTX 260 SLI

Sleeps with the Fishes
    They say the dev are using a new ultra compression thing.. whatever that means.

The healing is for bullet wounds. To keep from passing out from malaria, after you fix the car, drive it to the Shack, Don't walk there. You have to hurry. Once you kill three scouts, the shack is unlocked and you can sleep on the bed. When I slept for a couple hours (just to see what would happen) I kept passing out in the jungle right away. So I set the alarm clock for 12 hours and slept a LONG TIME to heal up.

Btw, I got up an pre dawn and now I have to just wait around because the stores arent' open and I have to meet someone... this game better pick it up.
    Last edited by Freddy part deux; 10-23-2008 at 03:08 AM.

Reef Shark
    Here are some benchmarks:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/far-cr...mance-review/5

According to this I'm supposed to get 50+ fps since 1368x768 is lower than 1280x1024. Something is wrong here.
    Last edited by KoukiFC3S; 10-23-2008 at 12:45 AM.
    i5 / GTX 260 SLI

Holy Moly, nobody's posted screenshots yet? 5 pages long and no screenies? I'm disappointed with you guys! Lemme get the ball rolling, here're some originally @1920x1200, all Ultra High with Physics at High, Fire at Very High, FR's decent at 30fps to 50fps -
    Taking in the sights while on my way to the hotel :

Sick with Malaria, hence the fishbowl-like POV, and still have to fight my way out -

Edit - The visual quality's first rate though, good enough to stack up against Crysis....
    Last edited by mikeysg; 10-23-2008 at 07:00 AM.
    Save Ana
    http://www.jpages.net/HelpAna.htm

Main Rig - All AMD build: R9 3900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 8GB 3600CL17 Patriot ViperRGB | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 (OS) | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung QVO SATA SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 6TB WD Black | Corsair HX 1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Samsung LC49HG90DMEXX 32:9 | iFi Micro iDSD BL | LG SL8YG Soundbar | 64bit Win10 Pro

Expensive Sushi
    Looks good, Mike...

Mine should be here before the end of the week...

Hope my 4850 can handle it OK...

\\//_

Quote Originally Posted by wizzard0003 View Post
    Looks good, Mike...

Mine should be here before the end of the week...

Hope my 4850 can handle it OK...

\\//_
    Thanks, and a big WELCOME to SF!

Edit - BTW wizz, FC2's great for great gfx, I'm not quite convinced that gameplay's been elevated much....you drive here and there, kill some mercs/targets, collect stuff for weapon upgrades and such......sorta like STALKER. But if you're after great gameplay, don't forget to check out Dead Space.....it's the shizznizzle!
    Last edited by mikeysg; 10-23-2008 at 12:00 PM.
    Save Ana

Main Rig - All AMD build: R9 3900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 8GB 3600CL17 Patriot ViperRGB | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 (OS) | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung QVO SATA SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 6TB WD Black | Corsair HX 1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Samsung LC49HG90DMEXX 32:9 | iFi Micro iDSD BL | LG SL8YG Soundbar | 64bit Win10 Pro

Reef Shark
    Here is my big fire:

Last edited by KoukiFC3S; 10-23-2008 at 10:32 AM.
    i5 / GTX 260 SLI

Played for about 2.5-3 hours last night. Have to say Im not really impressed with the gameplay. The biggest issue I have is the mission system. It is just like stalker in the sense you have to keep going and meeting people to take different missions in order to unlock new weapons, the problem with that is that it has you driving all over the map from location to location. My biggest issue with that, is in doing so you are approached about every 1-2 minutes from baddies driving at you in their jeeps with axial mounted mg's. So you gotta stop, shoot them, get out, fix your vehicle and carry on your way again. The game although very open feels very linear in nature.

There is no gore, which is a disappointment. I mean, there is blood splats when you shoot an enemy but no tell tale signs left behind after doing so, such as bullet holes, gibbed arms/legs/torso's after grenade explosion, etc.

All in all I think were was a lot more hype around this game than its living up to. Funniest thing is I watched all the preview movies and it looked really enjoyable.
    ..:: w00f w00f ::..

I edited my ingame setting to all Ultra High, one or two setting has highest setting of High/Very High at max, others were Ultra High. It's still quite playable although I do notice that FR does hit a smidgen under 30fps, but on the whole it stayed around 40fps or so, here're a couple of screenies at Ultra High -

Edit - BTW [C], if gore's what you crave for, check out Dead Space.....it's got gore by the container load!
    Last edited by mikeysg; 10-23-2008 at 11:56 AM.
    Save Ana

No gore ? No gibs ? No bullet holes ?
    No interest.
    i5 2500K
    Gigabyte H67A-UD3H-B3
    8 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3
    Evga GTX470
    Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000 aluminum case
    Silverstone Zeus 750W
    X-fi Gamer
    Altec Lansing MX 5021s